Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: what does f12 do??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
just wondering what does f12?? always crash my dolphin

the thing is that i am used to capture images with fraps using f12, so this is very annoying, i know f9 captures images but causes a mini lag, i also know i can change my key in fraps, but i find this weird, why canĀ“t we map the key in dolphin?

Lol F9 records video and causes lag because it uses up VRAM and is writing the video realtime. You can just change your screenshot key on FRAPS to something else, as I don't even know what F12 is.
no, f9 takes a screenshoot and causes a micro lag,

i know i can change fraps key, but it is weird why f12 crash the emu? (f12 is my key to capture in fraps, f12 is like the universal key to capture since old times)
As far as I know, F11 and F12 are keys that are used for state rewinding: F11 loads the last saved state, SHIFT->F12 undoes the previous "load state" operation by loading the state prior to that from RAM, and F12 should (I think) load the latest state that was overwritten (actually, renamed as "lastState.sav") by a "save state" operation.

If F12 crashes, then try deleting the "lastState.sav" file in the StateSaves directory and try again without saving/loading any states?

While you can go to Options->Hotkey Settings and change the "Load/Save State #" hotkeys in the "State Saves" tab, unfortunately, the above 3 hotkeys can't be assigned yet...
ok thanks

but still i hope the devs read this and fix the mapping please