Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator major graphics problem-help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When playing any game on the emulator, I have massive 3D issues-
example screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805...hotno.png/
I'm using the Direct3D9 plugin as my laptop doesn't support OpenGL it seems. (I get an error when trying to use OpenGL)

Dolphin build: R 6216

Computer info: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU
T7250 @ 2.00 GHz
1.18 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM

Can anyone help me please?
The screen-shot is not displaying. Either way, old Intel GMA's are not going to work with Dolphin. You can try DX9, but in the end you're going to need a new PC with a strong CPU and a decent video card. Think Phenom II or an i7 with an HD 5xxx or 6xxx card.
(05-28-2011, 02:03 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The screen-shot is not displaying. Either way, old Intel GMA's are not going to work with Dolphin. You can try DX9, but in the end you're going to need a new PC with a strong CPU and a decent video card. Think Phenom II or an i7 with an HD 5xxx or 6xxx card.

I've updated the link-it works now Wink That's a shame!:/ Thanks anyway Smile
It's not going to fix your graphic issues, but use dual-core. In your shot you're running only one core. Using the dual-core option makes games run faster.
(05-28-2011, 02:11 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]It's not going to fix your graphic issues, but use dual-core. In your shot you're running only one core. Using the dual-core option makes games run faster.
Huh, I didn't even notice that i'd turned it off. I also have a problem with a black flicker-is that related to the other problem?
(05-28-2011, 02:17 PM)Stirker Yoshi Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a problem with a black flicker-is that related to the other problem?

It probably is. Those old Intel chips are not capable of running games properly and cause all kinds of graphic glitches.

(05-28-2011, 02:23 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2011, 02:17 PM)Stirker Yoshi Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a problem with a black flicker-is that related to the other problem?

It probably is. Those old Intel chips are not capable of running games properly and cause all kinds of graphic glitches.

And I guess there isn't any other graphics plugins that'd work huh?:/
Your chip is not capable of displaying the games correctly with the technology the plugins/back-ends are using. It'd be like asking me why your moped engine cannot get up to 100mph and if changing your tires would help.
Lol ok. Sorry, I don't know much about technical stuff. Thanks for the help anyway