Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wind waker: black screen of death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

S-P_Rock

hi guys! I looked up the forum and all over the internet, but i'm still not able to get my wind waker to work, so i'm turning up to you!

I started playing wind waker tonight with no problem..until I met the intro movie. I got a first black screen there but after reading some post on a forum, I just pushed start rapidly toward the end of the intro movie and the game went on. Later, after completing the forsaken fortress and watching the cutscene, where the king of red lion bring you to the village to buy the sail, I get another black screen. And that one is impossible to pass!! I did try to activate the item hang fix but it did nothing, just like if the fix was not enabled (and the same goes for the cheats by the way). So my questions are the following:

1) is there a way to get past that damn cutscene?
2) if it will resolve by using the fix, how do i get it to work!?

my specs: windows 7 64 bit
GeForce 8800 GT
intel core quad Q6600 2.40 GHz
2 GIG of rams
and I use the latest version of the dolphin Smile

so thanks for sharing your light!
settings?

S-P_Rock

(05-27-2011, 05:31 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]settings?

settings are the same as those explained in the perfomance guide. I play the game in a small window (can't remember exactly but dimensions are aprox 640)
revision ? that one mentioned in the performance guide?

S-P_Rock

(05-28-2011, 02:54 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]revision ? that one mentioned in the performance guide?

revision 7561, 64 bits, if it's what you wanted to know. If not, explain to me how to find it please so I can feed you with exact information Smile

EDIT: after much tries, I found how to get past the scene: applying the fix (wich now seems to work fine) before the start of a cutscene. Noob error I know, but well, now I know! thanks for everyone who replyed to the post Smile