Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Increasing Graphics Quality with build 7554 x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, I've finally got my new computer up and running quite well, and I'm able to run GC and Wii games without much effort on the PC at all. However, I don't know how to increase the graphical quality, or which combination of settings will get me the most impressive quality either.

Should I be using DirectX 9, or 11? Things like that, the differences between Textures from RAM or Cache, etc.

Can anyone help me out? Basically, I'd like to know the absolute best settings for the highest graphics quality, for both DirectX plugins, and then I can obviously scale down from there if my PC can't handle it.

Thanks in advance!
scale 3x
max anti aliaisng
max resolution
dx9 and dx11 should give the same quality i think
(05-23-2011, 11:06 PM)SN3S Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, I've finally got my new computer up and running quite well, and I'm able to run GC and Wii games without much effort on the PC at all. However, I don't know how to increase the graphical quality, or which combination of settings will get me the most impressive quality either.

Should I be using DirectX 9, or 11? Things like that, the differences between Textures from RAM or Cache, etc.

Can anyone help me out? Basically, I'd like to know the absolute best settings for the highest graphics quality, for both DirectX plugins, and then I can obviously scale down from there if my PC can't handle it.

Thanks in advance!

Set "Internal Resolution to x3, SSAA to x4, AF to x16, and enable progressive scan.
(05-23-2011, 11:30 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]Set "Internal Resolution to x3, SSAA to x4, AF to x16, and enable progressive scan.

Thank you!

Will start testing how it all looks once I've got my PC installs all done.
(05-23-2011, 11:28 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]max anti aliaisng

I belive that SSAA x9 does not work (I may be wrong [if so NeoBrain WILL corect meTongue]), but it does give a big slow down so I would not use it (again, that is assuming it does not work).
9xSSAA does work, though in it's current state is is barley more effective than 4xSSAA and I would not recommend it. Having a high efb scale AND 9xSSAA at the same time will bring pretty much any video card to its knees (although it depends on the game).
Update - tried it with Super Mario Sunshine and Donkey Kong Country Returns, and wow. Total looker, and both ran pretty darn smoothly from what I was seeing.

I still don't have my wiimote / sensor bar setup, or my gamepads that I've ordered yet, and it's nearing finals week for my classes so I won't have the chance to get vids or pictures anytime soon. Here's a quick teaser though -

[Image: 26914912.jpg]

[Image: 95027254.jpg]

EForslin

(05-26-2011, 02:44 PM)SN3S Wrote: [ -> ]Update - tried it with Super Mario Sunshine and Donkey Kong Country Returns, and wow. Total looker, and both ran pretty darn smoothly from what I was seeing.

Wow, you're right! I should try that, how's performance?

I've been playing GCN TLOZ:TP with DirectX11 @1920x1080 on R7555 X64 With the following settings enabled:
-VSync
-Show FPS
-Scaled EFB Copy
-Pixel Per Lighting
-Force Texture Filtering
-Anti-Aliasing: 8 Samples (Quality Level 8)
-Anisotropic Filtering: 8x
-Progressive Scan Enabled

It runs incredibly smooth with the exception of a slight lag that's experienced when it clears buffer cache when Link walks through certain doorways or other actions are executed. The map HUD map is also screwed up at times due to "Force Texture Filtering". Despite these flaws, these improvements bring the intended feel (IMO) and Certainly wins my respect for the Game that the Wii versions failed to earn.

[Image: gz2e0116.png]
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3392/gz2e0116.png
*The linked Snapshot was captured when R555 X64 was running with the same aforementioned settings except that AA Was level 16 and Anisotropic Filtering was 16X. The black in-game borders were also cropped out for clarity and cosmetic purposes.

Need I say 56K warning if I'm using a DUN connection myself?

The fact that this was developed for a last gen system still never fails to Awe me.
Do I have any way set the AA by 2x?

EForslin

(05-26-2011, 05:02 PM)inyue Wrote: [ -> ]Do I have any way set the AA by 2x?
You could with DirectX11, I'm not sure about DirectX9.
Pages: 1 2