Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote not pairing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Windows 7 Ult. x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @2.33Ghz
4Gb DDR2
EVGA 1024Mb 9800Gt
Bluetooth Adapter C-uv35

Hope these specs are up to par.

Anyways, had many issues with Dolphin, so I swapped in a new HDD and did a fresh install of windows, and it cleared up many issues. Everything runs smoothly except for the pairign of the wiimote.
I did soem brief searches, but no luck at all.
Here are my steps in order.

Open Dolphin
Click Wiimote button
Press 1+2 on wiimote, wiimote will begin flashing
press pair up button, button will become greyed out
wiimote will shut off and button will become active again
Dolphin still reads as connected to 0 wiimotes

Tried all this before trying to pair with windows bluetooth device manager, tried while pairing with device manager, while nintendo rvl-etc... was in the devices, i tried.

Now, after I remove from devices, I repeat same steps, with different results.

Open Dolphin
Click Wiimote button
Press 1+2 on wiimote, wiimote will begin flashing
press pair up button, button will become greyed out
installing drivers pops up on bottom right, wiimote does not shut off
Dolphin still reads as connected to 0 wiimotes
Go to device manager and the nintendo rvl-etc... appears in the device manager.

Still, unable to connect to wiimote... I think. Maybe I am doing it right but missing a step soemwhere.[/u]
Was able to use the wiimote as a mouse in linux, still no luck with dolphin.

iphone747

Which wiimote are you using?

- wii Remeote
- Wii Remote Plus
Or Wii Motion plus inside

Because i have bought an Wii Motion Plus Inside Controller and i have some Problems with pairing up the Controller.

(05-22-2011, 09:35 PM)iphone747 Wrote: [ -> ]Which wiimote are you using?

- wii Remeote
- Wii Remote Plus
Or Wii Motion plus inside

Because i have bought an Wii Motion Plus Inside Controller and i have some Problems with pairing up the Controller.

3rd party without motion plus.

incomodo

Sorry for my inglish, I´m Argentinian!

I´ had the same problem with te USB bluetooth Noganet ES-869.

I read in internet that the wiimote is bluetooh standar, versión 1.1 of bluetooth, and the USB bluetooth Noganet ES-869 is bluetooth 2.0. I think that the problems is the USB bluetooth adaptor. Change it for other USB Bluetooth with support for bluetooth 1.1 version, for test it. I will to test with bluetooth 1.1 tomorrow.

Post here my test, for the results.

thank you.
Incomodo!

Rhainor

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to connect a 3rd-party Wiimote (Nyko Wand) via a Rocketfish Bluetooth 2.1 USB adapter. Seems like no matter how I initially pair the wiimote with the computer, it'll show up in Bluetooth Devices, but Dolphin never sees it, and after clicking "refresh" in Dolphin, the wiimote loses its paired status and disappears from Windows.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Dolphin r7553 x64

Help please?

incomodo

I´m test USB BlueTooh Encore ENUBT-C1E Class1 and work with Dolphin very well.

The other USB BlueTooh USB Noganet no work with doplphin.

You test with other USB BlueTooh, is posible that the problem is the USB BlueTooh.

My WiiMote is a Level Up with motion plus.

Thank you!

I was able to get it to connect to a 2.0 Bluetooth adapter (which I use for ActiveSync, Data transfers, and a lot more) using the following steps. Note that I use the little red Sync button in the Battery compartment, since my Wii is always on. Hitting 1 and 2 would connect it to my Wii instead.

1. Open up Bluetooth Device manager
  2. Hit the Wii-mote Sync button
  3. Select Search for Devices on PC
  4. Device shows up on Devicemanager as "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01"
  5. Wait for the Wiimote to stop blinking AND for Devicemanager to stop Searching
  6. Hit the Sync button again
  7. Select the Device and select Explore Services
  8. It shows as a Bluetooth HID
  9. Click Connect/Start Service
  10. Devicemanager should say it's connected
  11. Now go to Dolphin and Pair it up.

Note that my wii-mote keeps blinking, even though it's properly connected. It will stop blinking once dolphin picks it up.
Once you have it paired up at least once this way, next time it will pair up automatically when you start a Wii game, as long as it's connected.

Hope this helps!
I've got the wiimotionplusinside device, and I had tested it a few days ago when I purchased it, and it worked fine for regular wiimote functionality in Windows 7 and Dolphin. Since then, though, I can't get it to pair up. I see it in the bluetooth devices, but it is grayed out and the wiimote lights stop blinking after awhile.

In fact, when I click on pair without code when doing my initial connection it goes right to the "connected successfully" screen without attempting to install the the drivers. I have other wiimotes that all are connecting fine, but for some reason this one no longer is able to install drivers.

If I go to the properties for the device as listed in the MS Bluetooth device list (where I see it grayed out) and click on Hardware and Services it shows nothing, while the ones that work show "Bluetooth HID Device" and "HID-compliant game controller", which is also what I see in the device manager.

So, for some reason the device is connecting, but not really interacting with the system for some reason. It seems like something is stuck, like it thinks the drivers are already installed and it just doesn't bother trying anymore, even though it doesn't work.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this issue.
Okay...that was fun...beating my head against a wall...but I managed to knock some sense into it.

I finally looked at the event logs and it said there was an issue pairing...then I tried to pair it with my wii...it wouldn't sync there either. My figuring from this point on focused on the wiimote itself being wonky, perhaps its internal pairing info was corrupt or whatever...so I figured I'd remove the batteries for a few minutes and see if maybe it would "reset" the wiimote. It did something, because now it is syncing!!

Ah, very happy...too bad I had to spend so much time troubleshooting, I don't have much time to game now... Sad
Pages: 1 2