Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Backgrounds missing in Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, wow! I can't believe how well it works on my computer. I didn't know GC emulation has gotten this far. I tried Dolphin just for fun and it turns out Fire Emblem is very playable. It's cool seeing my old game run at 720p.

The only thing is that the during the 2D scene, the backgrounds are missing. Is there a way to make them appear or not?

Also, I see OpenGL mentioned a lot on these forums, but what is it? I mean, when I look at the graphics plugin, it says OpenGL. Is there another version of the graphical plugin for Directx?
d3d is still having problem after the downgrade cg toolkits 2.0. so you have to depend opengl plugin to run game.
as lannyboy said d3d is still in testing with problems so use opengl and make sure your ztp bloom hack and safe texture cache is on.
I tried the Safe Texture Cache option, but it didn't work for the missing backgrounds. Oh well, no big deal.
try the ztp hack option, it should do this magic Smile
I already have ZTP hack checked.