Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can dolphin using File patch code for SSBB hacks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey i wanted to know is it possible or soon will be possible so Dolphin can use file patcher code for add textures/model/moveset hacks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl
or a Rii Like plugin thing for Dolphin
like the wii with Rii/gecko OS with file patcher code loads the hacks from a folder inside the SD card for SSBB
so we dont have to edit one by one files with wiiscrub and can use like more stage slots codes /soon more char. slots code
since we can´t add more files inside the .iso

we from Kc-mm forum(SSBB hack site) will be really happy if this support going to be happen soon
also for new Super Mario Bros wii. hacks, SMG1,2 and mario kart wii
bump
since this support is one of the most needed ones
No one working on this yet, you're free to hire someone to implement that stuff...
ok btw who can i ask? i know nothing about make plugins or something like that
only moveset hacks for SSBB
Issue 2764 was recently marked as "WontFix", it seems... I do think (too) that this would be an interesting enhancement for game-hacking purposes.
To put it simply: whenever the emulated game wants to perform "FileIO" operations (such as reading a file from the ISO), Dolphin would try to search the replacement file in the appropriate folder, and then fetch its replacement data if found.
Of course it is easier said than done, and right now the main focus is on stability for the next Dolphin release (which is feature-frozen). So, wait and see...
(05-21-2011, 07:55 AM)mariodk Wrote: [ -> ]ok btw who can i ask? i know nothing about make plugins or something like that
only moveset hacks for SSBB

You could try asking on the mailing list (link is at our google code page)...
Or just come to our irc channel
bumping this again for two reasons
1. can´t find irl channel
2. this support is one of the most needed ones any game wii haching Forum/site asking for this support fo dolphin emulator
(05-28-2011, 11:00 AM)mariodk Wrote: [ -> ]1. can´t find irl channel
irc://irc.efnet.org/#dolphin-emu or http://chat.efnet.org:9090/?channels=%23...ogin=Login

Is there still the link to the IRC channel somewhere on the official website (no longer there AFAIK, unless I missed a page) or on the official forum (hard to find through its FULLTEXT search engine)? I can't seem to be able to find the link easily now...

(05-28-2011, 11:00 AM)mariodk Wrote: [ -> ]2. this support is one of the most needed ones any game wii haching Forum/site asking for this support fo dolphin emulator
Note that Dolphin is (still) feature-frozen as long as the next Dolphin release isn't officially published. As such, right now, feature requests are usually ignored/frowned upon in favour of stability issues.

I think you should rather consider bumping this thread, a certain time after Dolphin reaches a good level of stability again...

Panini

Bumping this thread after almost two years. Seems like dolphin is pretty stable now and this would be a very useful feature for people who are making custom NSMB Wii features. It's a pain to go back and forth between Wii and PC to make minor tweaks to levels - would be splendid to make a tweak, save, play, and continue editing the level.