Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running Dolphin Within A Virtual Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

sandipp

I've got a brand new Windows 7 computer that meets the minimum requirements of the dolphin emulator.

What I'm wondering is can I setup a virtual machine and run the emulator from within there? Has anyone tried this before?

Wow. Interesting. should work in theory, tough the performance will certainly be crap.
Im going to try that sometime Tongue
(05-18-2011, 07:12 AM)sandipp Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a brand new Windows 7 computer that meets the minimum requirements of the dolphin emulator.

What I'm wondering is can I setup a virtual machine and run the emulator from within there? Has anyone tried this before?

Why would you want to do that?
If your PC meets minimum requirements then if you run dolphin from VM you wont meet minimum requirements.

You will lost performance on VM.

Why not start dolphin from w7 ? why you need vm ?
You should be able to, however for best performance you should run on your host OS.
(05-18-2011, 07:12 AM)sandipp Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a brand new Windows 7 computer that meets the minimum requirements of the dolphin emulator.

Obviously it's possible to do that, just like you can run n64 emulators inside Dolphin... There's no reason why it wouldn't work, apart from the obvious lack of proper OpenGL acceleration in most virtual machines...
i got a vm system in which i could run my 8 diablo 2 bots with gui

but if i remeber correctly it was only dx8 what was supported
LOL
(05-18-2011, 08:25 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]i got a vm system in which i could run my 8 diablo 2 bots with gui

but if i remeber correctly it was only dx8 what was supported

Virtual Box supports dx9.
(05-18-2011, 08:53 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

for once, i agree with you.
Pages: 1 2