Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cant get the mouse to work as a wiimote..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sunstreaker19

Hello all, new user here Smile

I cant seem to get the mouse to work in wii sports (its the only game I've tried so far) if used as a cursor it works fine but when its in the actual game (like tennis), however i move my mouse, the Mii doesnt seem to respond.. I tried changing the IR setting in the Wiimote config from Cursor -Y to Axis -Y and etc but to no avail.. also selected sideways wii mote still nothing.. I tried to search other methods in the forum but couldnt find anything other than the mouse being used as the cursor which already works for me.. Please Help.

Currently using the 7546, my laptop is 32 bit.

video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G

AMD Turion 64x2 2.1 Ghz

Thanks Smile
(05-17-2011, 12:10 AM)sunstreaker19 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant seem to get the mouse to work in wii sports (its the only game I've tried so far) if used as a cursor it works fine but when its in the actual game (like tennis), however i move my mouse, the Mii doesnt seem to respond.. I tried changing the IR setting in the Wiimote config from Cursor -Y to Axis -Y and etc but to no avail.. also selected sideways wii mote still nothing.. I tried to search other methods in the forum but couldnt find anything other than the mouse being used as the cursor which already works for me.. Please Help.

IR has nothing to do with this game.

sunstreaker19

Finally got it, thanks ryancollins, yes the IR had nothing to do with it. Had to configure the Swing and Tilt Settings as well Smile Working now, though using the mouse is meh..
Well, It does, but only for the game selection part and stuff. When you are in a minigame (i.e. tennis) the IR settings are of no use. Instead, you have to map the 'swing' and other movements required for this game into your keyboard or controller.

sunstreaker19

hey thanks! Smile already working for mouse. will try with a wiimote, just have to get a perfboard for the sensor.