Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for dolphin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What setting is best on dolphin ? I am bothered by the game goes too fast or too slow.

My spec:

Win7
Nvidia 9800GTX/9800 GTX+
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ @ 2.61Ghz
4GB ddr 2 800Mhz RAM.
1TB spinpoint F3 HDD

Which revision is best ?
(05-15-2011, 11:48 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

I'm having some kind of Déjà vu feeling here but here goes.
Indeed the performance settings is alright by all means, but they isn't the absolute best and since there have been changes to the GUI, the screenshots shown there could be a little misleading.
(05-16-2011, 07:01 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed the performance settings is alright by all means, but they isn't the absolute best and since there have been changes to the GUI, the screenshots shown there could be a little misleading.

Does it depend what game you play?
Most of the time default settings are the best for performance, sometimes DX9-->DX11 give some performance boost.
example.
Monster Tri Hunter runs with 0-3fps if CPU Access is enabled...
(05-16-2011, 07:17 PM)hobi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2011, 07:01 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed the performance settings is alright by all means, but they isn't the absolute best and since there have been changes to the GUI, the screenshots shown there could be a little misleading.

Most of the time default settings are the best for performance, sometimes DX9-->DX11 give some performance boost.

it MAY depend of which game you're playing of course
(05-16-2011, 09:59 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2011, 07:17 PM)hobi Wrote: [ -> ]

it MAY depend of which game you're playing of course

In general, base settings made is good for most games, some might need a little more extra attention and tweaking but that's were the Game Wiki pages come in handy for game specific settings.
If you played with it for a while and getting more confident it's a breeze afterwards to get the most out of both Dolphin and your games.
(05-16-2011, 10:23 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]In general, base settings made is good for most games, some might need a little more extra attention and tweaking but that's were the Game Wiki pages come in handy for game specific settings.
If you played with it for a while and getting more confident it's a breeze afterwards to get the most out of both Dolphin and your games.

I just registered here, so i dont know you, but you knows so much. So i want to ask you, does the Dolphin works with a Super Nintendos, like a Super Mario World or is it just a better to use other emulators? I tried N64 and SNES games, but sounds didnt work so well and there was other problems also.
no dolphin only supports gc/wii
(05-16-2011, 10:47 PM)hobi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2011, 10:23 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]In general, base settings made is good for most games, some might need a little more extra attention and tweaking but that's were the Game Wiki pages come in handy for game specific settings.

I just registered here, so i dont know you, but you knows so much. So i want to ask you, does the Dolphin works with a Super Nintendos, like a Super Mario World or is it just a better to use other emulators? I tried N64 and SNES games, but sounds didnt work so well and there was other problems also.

No sorry, however if you by any chance own these kind of games for the VC on your Wii you can dump them as WADs to install on Dolphin and play.
That I see no problem with I guess.

Pages: 1 2