Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LoZ: Twilight Princess Wiimote problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

raynebc

While playing Twilight Princess, I had made a couple save states. At some point, it came to be that they seemed to be glitched, as neither of which would detect my real Wiimote as connected.

On save state 1, I could usually get it to connect by opening the Wiimote settings, setting it to no controller, which forced Dolphin to disconnect the Wiimote. I could then go back into the Wiimote settings and set it back to real Wiimote and the game would then detect it was connected and allow me to continue playing. As a further test, I reloaded the state after this workaround and tried to get it to detect the Wiimote by pressing its buttons and Dolphin opened a dialog message saying "Unknown pointer 0xffffffe0. Continue?" I selected to continue and Dolphin crashed.

On save state 2, the workaround from state 1 wouldn't work and I could never get it to redetect the Wiimote. Even when I set it to an emulated Wiimote, using the mouse it still wouldn't detect the Wiimote was attached.

Are either of those known issues? I have kept both save states in case any of the developers want to troubleshoot, I'll just need instructions for locating the relevant files to send.
Did you try alt+f5? And btw savestates are very glitchy/unreliable.
(05-15-2011, 09:31 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try alt+f5? And btw savestates are very glitchy/unreliable.

its true what he says...
try to use the default save option of zelda... (and any other game)
savestates are most of the times not compatible with newer revs

raynebc

Alright, I'll just get into the habit of using game saves instead. Thank you both for your time.

Laniidae

I don't want to open new thread so I'll post here.
Zelda TP does not register wiimout after you press A+B in opening screen, I found workaround on forums by disconnecting, connecting wiimote again, but even with that Zelda doesn't read movements, buttons work OK. I heard 5xxx revisions work best with it, but it runs so slow and always asks for nunchack, even though it's connected.
Resident Evil 4 Wii works just fine.

tails697

(06-04-2011, 04:35 PM)Laniidae Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to open new thread so I'll post here.
Zelda TP does not register wiimout after you press A+B in opening screen, I found workaround on forums by disconnecting, connecting wiimote again, but even with that Zelda doesn't read movements, buttons work OK. I heard 5xxx revisions work best with it, but it runs so slow and always asks for nunchack, even though it's connected.
Resident Evil 4 Wii works just fine.

I found that turning of the Wii Remote speaker stopped it disconnecting after the title screen.

Laniidae

thank you, that helped with disconnection.
Looks like I have to sit a little bit farther away from the sensor bar and after some time waving wiimote, finding right position it will work just ok.
Actually wiimote sound is strange, he almost always plays same sound as on start screen when you press A+B.