Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin is definately a little piggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im running new super mario brothers wii at 16x aa and 8x at 720 only because thats what my tv is. Im using my 3 cores at 3.2ghz running and have spikes of 86% on each core. My GPU uses about 15%.

When I unlock my 3rd core on my 555 and overclock it to 3.9ghz the game uses about 50% of each core

This emulator is bad ass.

My 5850 handles it without a problem. Almost like I need a new CPU. lol I need a 6 core at 4ghz

Whats teh most demanding title for emulation?
Didn't you post the same info in another thread you made?
i remember something...
called snake oil , intel vs amd and bannhammer

but i cant find his old thread... strange
Yep his old thread got deleted...strange.

As for an answer to the topic, I don't really know what's the most demanding title.
SMG1 and SMG2 maybe, I don't know, I get speeds around 47-60 fps with Direct3D9 and LLE, they are the most demanding games I own and use for Dolphin anyway.
Quote:Whats teh most demanding title for emulation?

Depends on the settings. You can make any game unplayably slow by using the interpreter.

Quote:Almost like I need a new CPU. lol I need a 6 core at 4ghz

Dolphin only uses 2-3 cores so that would be a total waste of money. You literally wouldn't see any improvement. If you really do want to upgrade sandy bridge is your best bet.
(05-14-2011, 01:04 AM)easypimpin86 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats teh most demanding title for emulation?

Twilight Princess: Hyrule Field
Quote:Twilight Princess: Hyrule Field

Only later on in the game. Once you finish the second cutscene with midna and zelda you will reach the maximum number of primitives and therefore the minimum performance.
(05-14-2011, 03:07 AM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]Yep his old thread got deleted...strange.

As for an answer to the topic, I don't really know what's the most demanding title.
SMG1 and SMG2 maybe, I don't know, I get speeds around 47-60 fps with Direct3D9 and LLE, they are the most demanding games I own and use for Dolphin anyway.
I deleted it and made another one in the proper location.
I want to ask you back pimpin, which title do you think is the most demanding?
(05-14-2011, 03:45 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]I want to ask you back pimpin, which title do you think is the most demanding?

I would suggerate Call of Duty for GC Games and of course Metroid Prime(s) Wink