Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: its odd.Cannot play through ISO!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,I am a newbee to wii emulation.I just downloaded the dolphin r7540 version.I brought a wii game dvd named "prince of persia rival sword" from nearby shop.I tried to dump iso by using rawdump as FAQ says so.But I failed because it says something like "you might have a faulty drive".But I go to view option and cliked show drives.It showed up my game in browser.I cliked the image banner and it just played but a little slow.I think it is because of running directly from dvd drive.I wanna make a iso of that game.Help me doing this,plz.

P.S.I do not a working nintendo wii console now.(broken a lot ago.)
(05-13-2011, 02:09 AM)pspnoob06 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,I am a newbee to wii emulation.I just downloaded the dolphin r7540 version.I brought a wii game dvd named "prince of persia rival sword" from nearby shop.I tried to dump iso by using rawdump as FAQ says so.But I failed because it says something like "you might have a faulty drive".But I go to view option and cliked show drives.It showed up my game in browser.I cliked the image banner and it just played but a little slow.I think it is because of running directly from dvd drive.I wanna make a iso of that game.Help me doing this,plz.

P.S.I do not a working nintendo wii console now.(broken a lot ago.)

What disk drive do you have?
you mean my dvdrom(I have combo drive.(writer))?
Well,I even do not know the model number.Company may be of samsung?
In device manager of win7,it says ATAPI iHAS324 Y ATA device.
P.S.As dolphin can recognise my wii game dvd,I believe there may be somesort of solution sothat I do not have to play from physical drive.
If you don't know the model number of your dvd drive, it's highly unlikely that your drive supports dumping data from a Wii disc..
(05-13-2011, 03:11 AM)pspnoob06 Wrote: [ -> ]iHAS324

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?opti...&Itemid=67
@silveruniverse,
Yes it seems exactly my drive!
If my drive do not support dumping wii dvd data,then how can play from dvd directly?
I mean when I ran dolphin,game run well with dvd.
Is there somekinda method that allow me dumping wii dvd data to somekinda file(iso,gcf,anything i dunno) with or without dolphin?
I really need this.
Obviously your drive doesn't support dumping Wii games so the only thing I can think of is that you need to fix your Wii, seriously I mean what's wrong with it and how broken is it?
If that's not possible, then buy a used one to install Home Brew channel on, then you can dump games with ease.
I thought wii games where just generic dvds. Cant you just rip them like a ps2 game via nero or something?
No I don't think it's that easy since GameCube and Wii discs reads at the opposite direction (backwards?) then regular discs.
Meaning you either need a special drive (LG 8164BK just to mention an example) that can do this and use RAW dump or use the original hardware meaning a Wii or a GameCube.
There are no shortcuts with dumping these kind of games.
try friidump...
isnt there a dumper which supports some more drives?
i though i have seen one in a thread
Pages: 1 2