Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why revisions seemingly fix minor, unknown "glitches" instead of major problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This really isn't meant to bash or otherwise disrespect the programmers who continually work on improving Dolphin. I greatly appreciate their hard work in producing an awesome emulating program. This is more about something I've been trying to figure out since I started using Dolphin, and have tried many revisions with many different games.
The majority of the time, when you read the revision notes, there seems to be not a whole lot of major bug or glitch fixes in terms of improving the overall quality and stability of Dolphin. They always seem to be simple things like "fixed GPU_crashed3029" or "compiled script 301a". There seems to be some major problems in the last 500 revisions or so. One of the main problems currently is the constant "Wiimote has lost communication", thus requiring you to constantly press Alt+F5. Shouldn't this be the priority fix instead of "llejit/addaxl - Fix issue 4257 (SSX On Tour crashing with llejit/64bit)". Like, what?

P.S. Thanks programmers for cleaning up the graphics tab! It rocks. Smile
Major problems obviously are a lot hard to fix than smaller issues. And having 10 small issues fixed is almost as good as having one major issue fixed, isn't it? Wink
About the wiimote disconnection issue, several people have tried fixing it, but failed. Guess we'll have to disable wiimote speaker for release, or at least add an option for it.

Fwiw, I also don't see how fixing a crash could be regarded a fix of low priority...

P.S: You're welcome ;D
(05-11-2011, 03:46 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Fwiw, I also don't see how fixing a crash could be regarded a fix of low priority..

Yeah personally I'm more concerned about crashes than controller connection issues Tongue
Dolphin crashes very seldom here, but indeed it's annoying when it happens and is of more concern.
Now the Wii mote disconnection problem is something I my self haven't encountered yet.
But it sounds good to disable the Wii mote speaker before release, I usually turn it down anyway.
what about add an option of wiimote speaker
[Image: 1226_1305074942.png]
I kinda agree here. Like Apparently tales of grace hasnt worked since version 4518 and then you still need someone elses compiled version not the offical builds Sad
There are no official builds, just everyone, their mothers, brothers and uncles compiling SVN builds. Some people manage to offer builds with perks, like certain issues fixed with patches or optimized builds, unfortunately mamario's builds don't fall into that category. The last "official" build was 2.0 and that was a release candidate, upcoming 3.0 build will probably be the same. The only thing that makes it official is it's provided by the developers, the version number, and that the next official build will probably contain fixes for specific regressions that previous svn builds didn't have.