Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: changing plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember a plugin tab in config but its no longer there. Can plugins be changed some how?
nope.
Ah, well that is a good thing IMO. Keeps things clean, could anyone then tell me what dll is used for the pad plugin? And who the author might be? Or is the plugin folder just not used now and if so, would I be required to download the entire source to add the the pad interface.
Dolphin is not a plugin-based emulator anymore. I'm sorry. I'm very vaery sleepy right noww. ^^
Ok fair enough, would I be required to download the entire source to add the the pad interface.
??

the pad interface is there. just not in the form of a plugin.

EDIT: oooh I see. You wanted to put an alternative pad plugin? no, that's not possible anymore.
Unless you download the source, and reimplement the entire pad plugin interface, making it call the dll, that is.
Well, ok here is what I'm hopping to do. I'd like to add the the pad interface's functionality. Being its no longer a plug-in its my belief I'd have to check out the entire source to make a few simple changes to it. Being that's as it may, is there any chance a specific individual maintains this code? Looking up credits in dolphin is not short task. I dont even know where to start looking. Is this an unreasonable question?
What's wrong with the pad configuration?
I'm not sure I'm understanding you anymore. You know that the GCPAD thing interface is still on the emulator right? You just cant swap it over Falcon4ever's or whatever anymore...

Quote:What's wrong with the pad configuration?
Yeah I dont get it ^^
Hey now, no buddy said there was anything wrong with it now did they? There is always room to improve Wink I'm a USB gamepad developer and I get a lot of requests for this here and there. My main reason ( aside from the requests I get ) is specific to my device. Sort of like what the n64 emulators did for the adaptiod if you recall. Though I'd like to add some support for thing like the drums in donkey Kong. There is a few issues preventing the emulator from working with them. The emulators needs to be told its connected much like the ps2 guitar does. The game still lets you play with a controller but there are some that like the silly drums. And I say why not?

Runo, I dont want to swap anything out, I want to extending to , add to it, make it better Wink Talking about coding here. Sorry for the confusion.
Pages: 1 2