Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows Home Server- will it work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

firewater88

A friend of mine told me about dolphin emulator sincerity already have almost 750gb of games on my hack wii. I thought about trying to turn my WHS into a wii emulator since it is on a wall directly behind my plasma TV in the basement. I downloaded the latest dolphin and it tried to run but gave errors, a quick FAQ search got past those, but now it will not run because can not find bthprops.cpl. I have tried everything that I can find, but nothing works.
I have an Asus bt211 dongle installed and successfully paired a Logitech ps3 keyboard, so I know it is working. WHS uses server 2003 and does not incorporate bt in the system. I have tried some XP hacks, but no avail.
Major question : is it worth me to continue this endeavor? Will the WHS box run dolphin? It is a home brew box, supermicro server MB, xeon x3210, 4gb ram , onboard VGA.
Any suggestions?
(05-09-2011, 11:52 AM)firewater88 Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine told me about dolphin emulator sincerity already have almost 750gb of games on my hack wii. I thought about trying to turn my WHS into a wii emulator since it is on a wall directly behind my plasma TV in the basement. I downloaded the latest dolphin and it tried to run but gave errors, a quick FAQ search got past those, but now it will not run because can not find bthprops.cpl. I have tried everything that I can find, but nothing works.
I have an Asus bt211 dongle installed and successfully paired a Logitech ps3 keyboard, so I know it is working. WHS uses server 2003 and does not incorporate bt in the system. I have tried some XP hacks, but no avail.
Major question : is it worth me to continue this endeavor? Will the WHS box run dolphin? It is a home brew box, supermicro server MB, xeon x3210, 4gb ram , onboard VGA.
Any suggestions?

My guess is no, but I do not know for sure.
why not change it into Windows7 ? or if you cant affort it (if you want buy it) try linux
You should go with Windows 7 if you have the chance.
I know of my own personal experience that Dolphin along with Windows Server 2008 R2 isn't the best combination and this should be the same for WHS.

firewater88

Thanks everyone. I do like my WHS box, mostly for the backups and streaming. I do have a Win 7 x64 licence still, but no hardware for it at the moment. I was just trying to consolidate the amount of PC's in the house and thought this would be a nice hook up.

I guess I wont spend too much time on it anymore with the WHS box. Maybe I will build a HTPC and run Win7 and try it again.
(05-09-2011, 11:04 PM)firewater88 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone. I do like my WHS box, mostly for the backups and streaming. I do have a Win 7 x64 licence still, but no hardware for it at the moment. I was just trying to consolidate the amount of PC's in the house and thought this would be a nice hook up.

I guess I wont spend too much time on it anymore with the WHS box. Maybe I will build a HTPC and run Win7 and try it again.

Yeah Windows 7 + Dolphin = Success!

Before I bought Windows 7 I tried the evaluation of Windows Server 2008 R2 and wow was that a horrific experience trying to play anything.
Server OSes ain't quite made for this kind of stuff, too much tweaking.