Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes with the XBCD driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zergreth

I wanted to get started with Dolphin, but it's always crashing when I open up the GC Pad/Wiimote configuration. Just a typical "stopped working" error is popping up, nothing else. Turns out the problem is me using the XBCD driver for my XBox 360 pad. When using the default Microsoft driver, everything works; not going to switch drivers every time I want to use Dolphin though, that's just a hassle :/

I tried using the (apparently?) "old" controller plug-in that comes with the 2.0 release, and that doesn't crash Dolphin. But I really don't want to miss out on the features and bug fixes Dolphin has gotten since then.

I'm using the latest version of XBCD for XBox 360 controllers, in case you're wondering.
thats not the latest.

edit
wait, it is.

but no its not crashing.

Zergreth

(05-09-2011, 02:52 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]but no its not crashing.

Is for me. Any ideas what might be possibly causing it? I'll try reinstalling/updating some stuff like VC redist packages and DX, but I doubt that'll help.

Edit: Done, aaand didn't do shit I'm afraid. Anything else I could try?
what size is the xbcdr in system32?

Zergreth

(05-09-2011, 06:02 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]what size is the xbcdr in system32?

~20.5 kB. MD5 sum is 038294E7F2ADE2F0DCD18A8471AB32BF.
thats not the right size, it should be 23 for the x86 dll or 27 for the x64 dll.

unplug the controller and reinstall the driver from one of the links on that site.

Zergreth

That did the trick. Thanks! I just wonder why I apparently had some "other" 0.2.7 installer.
originally i was packing the dll's with matpress and upx, but microsoft have since blocked several packed PE32+ formats.