Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Help] Super mario galaxy black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SmgPlayer

Hi, i'm new to dolphin emulator, anyway i have downloaded dolphin emulator to play at super mario galaxy and galaxy 2.

Super mario galaxy 1
Black screen after getting the last grand stars, checked the whole forum and google.
I tried uncheck all the audio boxes and to no audio output ( don't have the openAl option ).
and LLE doesn't work for me. still got the same problem.

Super mario galaxy 2
Black screen after the first grand star. Disabled all the checkboxs at the audio tab and set to no audio output and i got past to the grand star but then before saving there is another black screen before getting to the 2nd world.

any idea?
There's no way LLE could have the same problem, the issue is audio related and it has been verified by several members that LLE fixes this issue so this issue is non-existent with LLE. LLE seems to be the only foolproof way of fixing this issue for now, limited success was reported by disabling audio with HLE, switching to the Xaudio2 backend, and lowering the volume slider to 1%.

Your DSP dump (rom and coef) might be bad, the dsp_rom.bin should be 8 KB (8,192 bytes), the dsp_coef.bin should be 4 KB (4,096 bytes), some people incorrectly dumped the roms and dumped a 16 KB dsp_coef.bin which is an overdump and caused issues. Myself and others with correctly dumped dsp roms don't have this issue with LLE and SMG1/SMG2.

Also the answer to your questions could have been quickly found via a simple search or by reading through the dedicated threads for these games here:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2399

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=9455

Your questions have been asked 1000's of times on the forum, with possible solutions given.

SmgPlayer

ty for your reply, i don't get how the first link is related to my problem.
I already read the second link and they are talking about setting disabling audio..

i don't have any of those .bind file ( dsp_coef, dsp_rom ) and i don't know how to dump . I downloed DSPSpy_wii_dump_roms.dol and i have no clue what to do with it. any idea?
rev7522