Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to get a full speed loosing some fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I wanna to know how to get a full speed sacrificed some FPS. My speed goes downs to 60 sometimes , but If i turn only one core to handle it seems like I got a full speed but I got some fps skipping. For example game goes in 21 FPS it's like 70% speed , when I turn one core off I got the same less FPS but got 100% of speed. Can any one tell me how to set the dolphin on both cores and get the same thing ? The full speed , coz I got this 70% or less speed at travelling in Animal Parade so It's not needed to have a smooth animation.
How to set dolphin that ,the speed depends from VPS not from FPS coz if it is FPS I can only run it at 20+ fps so my speed is not so good. Coz If I force it to run at 100% speed (60 VPS) and I got still 20+ FPS game is more playable than with the same fps at 70 % speed with full animation. It's kinda frameskiping to do that ?
this is really broken english btw, didn't really bother really trying to read it, besides the typical optimization, you can turn on frame skipping which essentially renders half as many frames, but if your cpu/audio thread and your graphics thread are now unbottlenecked, you may be able to play the game at full speed or close to full speed. Typically frameskipping is only effective if you have a really unblanced system with a very powerful cpu, but a relatively weak gpu
sorry for my English ;/

I tried to tell that , when I set only one core to handle the dolphin I got less FPS than at both cores but , the game is running at 60 VPS and 100% speed I loose on quality of animations ,but the game is runs faster. On the other hand when I run dolphin on both cores I got better FPS like 20+ and the animation is smooth , but I got like 45 VPS and 70% of speed so the game is running slow. Setting frameskipping doesn't help coz I got a lot more less FPS than on one core.