Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Newbie questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After briefly introducing myself and thanking the developers,
I have a couple of newbie questions.
I did try a search first, but I got so many results I just started a new thread.

- Is there a way to fast-switch WiiMote configurations? (eg. a hotkey) ?
silveruniverse said: never heard of fast-switching configs before for Dolphin.
- Anyone else?

- Can I hook up to a physical Wii using a friend-code?
silveruniverse said: no
- Can it be done at all?
silveruniverse said:
im not 100% sure if it can but i do think it's possible. there was already a thread about this somewhere, but what i do remember was that it is a low priority on the to-do list.

Thanks in advance

/NikJosuf
(05-07-2011, 07:34 PM)NikJosuf Wrote: [ -> ]- Can I hook up to a physical Wii using a friend-code?

no
(05-07-2011, 07:59 PM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2011, 07:34 PM)NikJosuf Wrote: [ -> ]- Can I hook up to a physical Wii using a friend-code?

no

Loud and clear.
Let me rephrase though:

can it be done at all?

im not 100% sure if it can but i do think it's possible. there was already a thread about this somewhere, but what i do remember was that it is a low priority on the to-do list
Quote:im not 100% sure if it can but i do think it's possible. there was already a thread about this somewhere, but what i do remember was that it is a low priority on the to-do list

I searched but couldn't find a similar thread.
So what about Netplay? I assume this is "just" for netplay between emulators?

And do you happen to know anything about fast-switching the controller configurations?
never heard of fast-switching configs before for Dolphin.

Netplay is between emulators only. ive tried it over LAN (with some issues) but havent tried over the internet
[
(05-07-2011, 10:14 PM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]never heard of fast-switching configs before for Dolphin.

So how do you play games like Super Paper Mario, where one sometimes need to point the WiiMote at the screen?
Go in the menu and manually switch the profile?
Since there are a bunch of configurable hotkeys, one would think there is an option to switch the WiiMote from sideways to upright with one.
And since the button alignment on a physical WiiMote would rotate likewise, the buttons on the keyboard should change accordingly?
Especially since the emulator seems to be so accurate and complete, and handling the Wiimote in such matter in such a basic routine for many games I'm just sure Im missing something here.

Maybe anyone else has any thoughts about this?
Please?

Anybody?