Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: howdy, i am getting the following error(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,

i recently decided to give Dolphin a shot. here are some of my system specs:

video: radeon 9250, 256MB Ram,
cpu: p4, 2.4Ghz
ram: 1.5Gb
drivers for video: finalas downloaded just for this effort from the ATI homepage.

when i run any gamecube image with D3D9 options, i get the following errors:
[Image: 33mr4ef.jpg]

[Image: 2m42bdw.jpg]

if i run the games in software mode, they are obviously unplayable but do render, however the speed is ridiculous.

i am wondering if anyone can help? these are vague errors, i would like to be able to play a few games if possible with hardware rendering. i know this card is garbage as i have always only had issues with it, but please dont tell me to go buy a new card as that is simply not an option at this time - unless you can suggest something on the cheap i may find on ebay. :\

hope someone can help?

i would also like to add that this happens for all versions of dolphin i have tried:
7514, 7511, 7506, 7505 & "2.0"
settings?
Dolphin revision?

Edit: (whoops you already talked about this) ive never seen that error before so i can only guess that its your GPU thats the problem

and what do you mean by software / hardware mode?
i tacked in the versions i am working with. settings are all stock/defaults else i would have supplied them.
(05-06-2011, 09:53 PM)osmorphyus Wrote: [ -> ]hello,

i recently decided to give Dolphin a shot. here are some of my system specs:

video: radeon 9250, 256MB Ram,
cpu: p4, 2.4Ghz
ram: 1.5Gb
drivers for video: finalas downloaded just for this effort from the ATI homepage.

when i run any gamecube image with D3D9 options, i get the following errors:
[Image: 33mr4ef.jpg]

[Image: 2m42bdw.jpg]

if i run the games in software mode, they are obviously unplayable but do render, however the speed is ridiculous.

i am wondering if anyone can help? these are vague errors, i would like to be able to play a few games if possible with hardware rendering. i know this card is garbage as i have always only had issues with it, but please dont tell me to go buy a new card as that is simply not an option at this time - unless you can suggest something on the cheap i may find on ebay. :\

hope someone can help?

i would also like to add that this happens for all versions of dolphin i have tried:
7514, 7511, 7506, 7505 & "2.0"

pixel shader... and the card is weak...
i get that, how to rectify is the question.

i was able to determine it was a pixelshader error - whats next?
(05-06-2011, 10:02 PM)osmorphyus Wrote: [ -> ]i get that, how to rectify is the question.

your card can't support the required pixel shader level
gay, but i kinda figured that.

>:\

i doubt anyone can think of any options/workarounds?
(05-06-2011, 10:02 PM)osmorphyus Wrote: [ -> ]i get that, how to rectify is the question.

Your next step is to give up on Dolphin. Simple as that.

Dolphin needs a GPU "good" enough to atleast support pixel shader 2.0, which your GPU doesnt. Furthermore, even if you had a kickass GPU, you will never get a playable speed with that shit CPU.
Give up on Dolphin, buy a Wii or a Gamecube. You would be looking at replacing the entire system or at least 95% of it with adequate up to date hardware, that would be far more expensive than buying a Wii or a Gamecube. A new Gamecube is around $30, a new Wii is about $170, cheaper if you buy used. The PC hardware you would need to run Dolphin with decent performance would cost anywhere from $500 - $1000+ so I would just give up for now unless you strike gold or something and the odds of that are well almost none. Tongue
(05-07-2011, 02:46 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]A new Gamecube is around $30, a new Wii is about $170, cheaper if you buy used.

At Gamestop GC's are $10(?) and wii are going to be marked down to $150 on May 15th(?).
Pages: 1 2