Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros. Melee Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted to ask if you guys could help me get the settings the best possible to run Super Smash Bros Melee on my computer.

Windows Edition: Windows 7 Home Premium
Model: Compaq Presario CQ60-420 US Notebook PC
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

My framerate is generally almost perfect outside of gameplay (like on menus), but then when I start actually playing it, the framerate is very inconsistent in quality. The best I have had it get is 30 Kb/s, but it is generally about half that. The music also messes up kind of frequently, but I am aware that this is a common problem so it's not a major concern. I am using Dolphin SVN R 4466.

Another problem that I have encountered is that the Action Replay codes don't work even in the slightest, and I don't understand why.

I am using DirectX3 or whatever it is called right now. I have heard that changing it to OpenGL helps a lot, but when I do that, I get this message:

[Image: unledow.jpg]

This is very weird, because I do in fact have OpenGL 2.1 (which in an FAQ thread is said to be fine)
Thanks in advance, I hope that I provided the necessary information.
(05-06-2011, 09:34 AM)Captain Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]My framerate is generally almost perfect outside of gameplay (like on menus), but then when I start actually playing it, the framerate is very inconsistent in quality. The best I have had it get is 30 Kb/s, but it is generally about half that. The music also messes up kind of frequently, but I am aware that this is a common problem so it's not a major concern. I am using Dolphin SVN R 4466.

Another problem that I have encountered is that the Action Replay codes don't work even in the slightest, and I don't understand why.

I am using DirectX3 or whatever it is called right now. I have heard that changing it to OpenGL helps a lot, but when I do that, I get this message:

[Image: unledow.jpg]

This is very weird, because I do in fact have OpenGL 2.1 (which in an FAQ thread is said to be fine)
Thanks in advance, I hope that I provided the necessary information.

First it is fps second use a newer dolphin third enable cheats forth it is DirectX9 and/or 11 and fifth you are the biggest n00b I have ever met.
(05-06-2011, 10:50 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]First it is fps second use a newer dolphin third enable cheats forth it is DirectX9 and/or 11 and fifth you are the biggest n00b I have ever met.

1. Okay, I actually did know that, I just apparently wasn't thinking right when I typed that (not that I expect you to believe me)
2. Okay, I downloaded this version quite a while ago, and just now started to actually attempt to use it. And every time I go and download the newest version, it gives me the "this cannot be started 0000000007b" error. The only info I found on how to fix it was that I needed to update my DirectX driver, which is impossible because I already have the latest version.
3. I did enable the cheats. It says that they are enabled, but they aren't doing anything. I checked the boxes, went into Config, and did the steps to get it to work, to no avail.
4. I knew I wasn't right when I said that (as said by the "or whatever it's called), and didn't feel like looking up what it actually was.
5. If you aren't going to say anything constructive, I would rather not have your help.
-You're using a really old version of Dolphin

-Your CPU is weak

-You didn't list your graphics card, so I'm going to assume it's an integrated gfx chip (No good)

-I think I read somewhere that the Melee AR codes built into Dolphin are for the PAL version of the game.

-If you're running Windows, DirectX9 is the fastest.

-Melee is supposed to run at 60 frames per second. 50 if you're running the PAL version
yeah and no need to be a star to get this game working so take a recent version and that will work "fingers-in-the-nose-and-even-more" Big Grin
(05-06-2011, 11:35 AM)Captain Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]4. I knew I wasn't right when I said that (as said by the "or whatever it's called), and didn't feel like looking up what it actually was.

if you dont feel like explaining things in detail, others won't feel like helping out

amongst all the insults are your answers, douche.
also install Visual Studio 2010 if you havent already
and read the FAQ next time
(05-06-2011, 08:26 PM)ChanDramRutnam Wrote: [ -> ]-You're using a really old version of Dolphin

-Your CPU is weak

-You didn't list your graphics card, so I'm going to assume it's an integrated gfx chip (No good)

-I think I read somewhere that the Melee AR codes built into Dolphin are for the PAL version of the game.

-If you're running Windows, DirectX9 is the fastest.

-Melee is supposed to run at 60 frames per second. 50 if you're running the PAL version

My graphics card is a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Is that okay? And the FAQ said that the error I am getting when trying the new version of Dolphin is due to something that is already working. It said that I need to update my DirectX driver, when I already have the very latest one. Why else would the error happen?
(05-07-2011, 06:20 AM)Captain Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]My graphics card is a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Translation: My graphics card is a piece of crap.

That card will not work with OpenGL....

You would have a hard time emulating a n64 on that thing......let alone emulating a gamecube..
(05-07-2011, 07:00 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2011, 06:20 AM)Captain Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]My graphics card is a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Translation: My graphics card is a piece of crap.

That card will not work with OpenGL....

You would have a hard time emulating a n64 on that thing......let alone emulating a gamecube..

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to buy a new graphics card in the near future. Do you know of any good ones that are compatible with my model?
New graphics card? For a laptop?

[Image: LcE.jpg]
Pages: 1 2