Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac OSX Wiimote Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

CuChemist

So here's the story...

I'm on Mac OSX Snow Leopard
Dolphin build r7506

First, I open up Dolphin, go to the Wiimote settings panel and click on refresh at the same time that I click on 1 and 2 on the wiimote. At this point it connects and says that the wiimote is connected and the wiimote vibrates and the first led lights up.

When I open up the game (Twilight Princess) it says that a wiimote is connected at the bottom of the window, however there is no response. I get to the point where it says "press A + B to continue" but nothing happens when I do so.

I downloaded Darwiin to check and see if there was any communication with the computer, and when I connect it to Darwiin, everything runs fine.

Any suggestions?
Same here.

I did try several version of Dolphin.

Even tried on Windows XP instead of Snow Leopard, same story.

I don't know what is wrong.

Anybody can help please???

nerdoc

Same here running the latest build aswell... When wiimote pairs it just keeps on blinking.

Is there any build version known to work ?

(05-06-2011, 09:25 PM)nerdoc Wrote: [ -> ]Same here running the latest build aswell... When wiimote pairs it just keeps on blinking.

This issue is present with Windows users as well. Every revision from r7273, up till the latest r7518, has this problem. Dolphin r7272 and below should work fine (the wiimote speaker option/slider is either absent or disableable with a checkbox).

I'm really suprised that more users aren't experiencing this and that it still hasn't been sorted yet. At least add the ability to disable the wiimote speaker....

But any/all MAC OSX users (and Windows as well), could you guys try it? Just try r7272 amd r7273....i'm curious to know the results.

r2rX Sad

I just test r7272 and 7270 on OSX, same problem.

As a side remark I did test as well 7272 and 7270 on WinXP 32 bits, same issue.
Had you disabled the wiimote speaker in Dolphin?

r2rX Smile
(05-07-2011, 11:56 PM)r2rX Wrote: [ -> ]Had you disabled the wiimote speaker in Dolphin?

r2rX Smile

I did.

I am under the impression after running in debug mode that the Wiimote communicates correctly but the strings sent by the wiimote are not interpreted ingame.

I am not using a Nintendo Wiimote , but a Wiimote branded by "Under Control", for those that have the same issue than me , can you let us know if you are running an original Nintendo Wiimote or a clone one ?

Thanks,

Franck
Oh, alright.

I'm using an official Nintendo Wii Mote. If you can (either buy one or borrow from someone), test an official one and see how it goes.

r2rX Smile

CuChemist

I just thought of a potential solution... try this one out maczed...

Go ahead and install one of the earlier revisions above mentioned to work and then navigate to Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Dolphin and delete dolphin.ini and wiimotenew.ini

Those files are created when you run dolphin, but not when you install, so when you installed an older revision, those files may still be from your newer revision and thus cause issues.

Alternatively, you could uninstall with appcleaner before you install the older revision just to make sure you got rid of all configuration files and such.

Lemme know if this helps anything...

I would check myself, but I only had one more day to return the wiimote I bought and get my refund and I didn't want to hold on to it just to end up not being able to use it.
Pages: 1 2