Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Revision 7484 help with problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with my emulator troubles. It seems to me as though most of the newest revisions don't work correctly because I have tried several. I was wondering if someone can give me a revision that they use that works real well. Let me explain my issues. When I first launch Dolphin and turn on for example, Mario Kart and i'll be getting around 20 something FPS. I have to restart my computer around 3-4 times and then when I launch dolphin again and I will get around 60 FPS. I have to do this after about once or twice every day after playing a game for around 5-6 hours.
Anyone have any insight on this? I can fix the problem by formatting my computer and reinstalling windows, but that is really annoying to do every time the fps messes up just to play wii. It seems as though dolphin rewrites files in the windows registry or graphics files because this is the second time this happened.
Ok, Well it's fixed again this morning. The speed is 100 percent and fps is constant 60 throughout a game. I think it has something to do with playing too much on dolphin. It might heat up the computer to much and it needs to rest overnight to sort of get things back to normal again. Its pretty damn annoying but what the hell.
What OS are you using?