Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Compressing Smash Bros Brawl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mariocubed

I found a copy of Brawl online, the NSTC DVD9 version and, like all of my Wii and GameCube games, I tried to scrub it to save space. When attempting this, Dolphin says the image is probably corrupt and cancels the scrub. Only issue is, the game still works perfectly (from what I've gathered). It is only 7.4GB in size and I thought DVD9 images were supposed to be 9GB in size. Could the iso I found have already been scrubbed? It would make sense from a size perspective.
(05-03-2011, 06:02 AM)mariocubed Wrote: [ -> ]I found a copy of Brawl online.

[Image: vader-fail.jpg]
DVD5 is 4.4 GB, DVD9 is 7.4 GB. You seem to have the DVD5 pirate edition, I betcha your copy has all cutscenes replaced with the first cutscene amirite? I think I've heard from various sources that there is a 7.4 GB (DVD9) copy floating about, most likely modified in some way that exhibits the same behavior when trying to compress in Dolphin, Dolphin complains that the image is corrupted. Some of these darn pirates can't even make a proper "full" release lol. That's why you should always rip from an original game disc you own, you just never know what you are going to get with pirate releases. For the record I ripped an image from my SSBB disc and it compressed fine in Dolphin.

Since you admitted to obtaining the game illegally by downloading from the internet instead of dumping it yourself from the original disc that you own, no further support will be given. No, it does not matter if you own the game, downloading it from the internet is still just as illegal regardless since it's technically not your copy.

In accordance with the board rules I am closing this thread, and you have two weeks to observe the rules before returning and posting again.