Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote connects, but wont control games :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mmew

Hi, I've had dolphin working for a few days perfectly fine, but earlier today I tried to get GlovePIE to work, and it never did. I gave up figuring I didn't need it, but soon realized I can't play games on dolphin anymore Sad The wiimote pairs up with it, and vibrates and all when I hit refresh, but no matter what I do it wont control the game >.< As in I'll be stuck on "Hit any key to continue!" screens :/ I've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the wiimote, reconnecting it to dolphin (many times), disconnecting and reconnecting the wiimote with Alt+F5, hitting refresh while the game is still running, and it still wont work... Any help is GREATLY appreciated Big Grin
(05-02-2011, 02:50 PM)Mmew Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've had dolphin working for a few days perfectly fine, but earlier today I tried to get GlovePIE to work, and it never did. I gave up figuring I didn't need it, but soon realized I can't play games on dolphin anymore Sad The wiimote pairs up with it, and vibrates and all when I hit refresh, but no matter what I do it wont control the game >.< As in I'll be stuck on "Hit any key to continue!" screens :/ I've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the wiimote, reconnecting it to dolphin (many times), disconnecting and reconnecting the wiimote with Alt+F5, hitting refresh while the game is still running, and it still wont work... Any help is GREATLY appreciated Big Grin

Do you have it set as a real wiimote?

Mmew

(05-02-2011, 10:11 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 02:50 PM)Mmew Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've had dolphin working for a few days perfectly fine, but earlier today I tried to get GlovePIE to work, and it never did. I gave up figuring I didn't need it, but soon realized I can't play games on dolphin anymore Sad The wiimote pairs up with it, and vibrates and all when I hit refresh, but no matter what I do it wont control the game >.< As in I'll be stuck on "Hit any key to continue!" screens :/ I've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the wiimote, reconnecting it to dolphin (many times), disconnecting and reconnecting the wiimote with Alt+F5, hitting refresh while the game is still running, and it still wont work... Any help is GREATLY appreciated Big Grin

Yeah
(05-03-2011, 03:01 AM)Mmew Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 10:11 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah

What revision are you using? This happens to me sometimes, but it starts working again when I restart dolphin.
You Should change your bluetooth adapter

warlockey

I had same issue and tried all sorts, but finally found that deleting dophin.ini and wiimotenew.ini and then starting emulator and doing the pairing up etc again made it all work. Hope thats the case for you.

Maybe deleting just wiimotenew.ini will work. This works because the emulator makes new ini files when you first start if they dont exist. I guess some configuration issue occured. In my case i suspect it might be because i was initially using a joypad and had configured this but i'm not sure.