Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A request: Inclusion of a checkbox to enable/disable wiimote speaker....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I, like alot of others, am having syncing issues with Dolphin and real wiimotes. After a little research, it seems that there's an issue, currently, with the wiimote speaker feature in Dolphin.

Older revisions of Dolphin have a checkbox to enable/disable the wiimote speaker. Unfortunately, recent builds only have a volume slider.

So, can the checkbox for enabling/disabling the wiimote speaker be included in upcoming/future builds; until the speaker issue is corrected?

Thanks a bunch.

r2rX Smile
No one else having this issue?

r2rX Sad
Yeah, this has been the most shockingly handled regression I've ever seen - it's blocking people from using the app properly (has for months!!) and instead of putting back the checkbox (on/off) which should be there anyway, they are making everyone wait for a perfect fix. Ugh.

It could just be a temp. ini option, anything really! It's been so long, it's a serious regression and a temp. fix would be simple. How come no one's posted a patch to reimplement this functionality??

Ratkil

Seriously. Trying to play Paper Mario. There is a gameplay element where you use the wiimote to point and identify things. This overrides all other controls. I have to hold down a button at all times to keep this gameplay element from coming through. If I could toggle when the wiimote was active, easy fix...
(06-14-2011, 09:15 AM)Ratkil Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously. Trying to play Paper Mario. There is a gameplay element where you use the wiimote to point and identify things. This overrides all other controls. I have to hold down a button at all times to keep this gameplay element from coming through. If I could toggle when the wiimote was active, easy fix...

This has nothing to do with wiimote speaker.
Right click the IR Hide button, select an input and click the "NOT" button.

Ratkil

[/quote]

This has nothing to do with wiimote speaker.
Right click the IR Hide button, select an input and click the "NOT" button.
[/quote]

Sorry, I was frustratingly google searching solutions. Thanks for the solution, sorry I got the thread wrong :/

I vote for a global disable Wiimote Speaker checkbox additional to the per game setting.
If you want a reason: I want to save battery lifetime.