Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Different performance each run...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It could be me but it seems as though revision 3286 seems to preform differently each run...
Example:
I first got it yesterday and Mario Party 7 ran great on the first run and even got a slight speed increase when I disabled EFB
But then it was running pretty slow later in the evening and disabling EFB would cause certain textures to fail to render properly...
I managed to get most of the speed back by disabling duo core but it still wasn't as good as the initial run!
Now I've updated to SP2 and updated my duo core optimizer (I still had the XP version on here for some reason... >.>) but it still feels sluggish and I get random crashes or sometimes it will just close... (no crash message)
Is it common for it to perform differently each run?
No, it shouldn't perform any differently. Speed can increase/decrease per each build of Dolphin, based on any changes they've done to the source code, but it shouldn't randomly be speeding up & slowing down. When I ran 3286 (and now 3295) the speeds were still consistant and ran just as fast for me as older builds. You might want to see if there is an outside source that is conflicting w/dolphin or effecting your system resources. Or possibly something you've tweaked & updated, that's causing Dolphin to slow down. I updated to SP2 also and it's had on effect on the emulator. But it really shouldn't because SP2 only makes sure that Vista is using the latest security patches, networking drivers, etc. Shouldn't effect anything that would slow/speedup Dolphin
Vista SP2 did have a few tweaks to how duo cores are handled, but the irony is, right after I posted that, I started playing Mario Party 7 and it was running full speed, before work it was running sluggish...
I was afraid to exit fullscreen at risk of losing the speed... But it just crashed on me so yea...
And there are no outside effects that I am aware of... The usual processes are running in task manager, my disk defrag is set to to a time where I am usually asleep, and my antivirus usually starts right before I goto bed...