Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Understanding "Frame Skip"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-03-2011, 11:01 AM)Churvin Wrote: [ -> ]Please. Someone make this feature useful like PCSX2's one is suppose to beeee. C'mon munters Smile

munters?
(05-03-2011, 11:08 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2011, 11:01 AM)Churvin Wrote: [ -> ]Please. Someone make this feature useful like PCSX2's one is suppose to beeee. C'mon munters Smile

munters?

yeah munters but that was a compliment Big Grin
I'm a New Zealander (sheep shagger/pakeha/kiwi/whatever floats ya boat). A munter is like a stoned. tripped out drunk person. Let's stop being stoned, drunk and tripped out and figure out why in gods name frame-skip is so shittttttyyyy.
(05-05-2011, 08:17 AM)Churvin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a New Zealander (sheep shagger/pakeha/kiwi/whatever floats ya boat). A munter is like a stoned. tripped out drunk person. Let's stop being stoned, drunk and tripped out and figure out why in gods name frame-skip is so shittttttyyyy.

for New Zealand you forgot guys dancing ridiculously when starting a rugby match Big Grin (I'm joking of course)
(05-05-2011, 08:34 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2011, 08:17 AM)Churvin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a New Zealander (sheep shagger/pakeha/kiwi/whatever floats ya boat). A munter is like a stoned. tripped out drunk person. Let's stop being stoned, drunk and tripped out and figure out why in gods name frame-skip is so shittttttyyyy.

for New Zealand you forgot guys dancing ridiculously when starting a rugby match Big Grin (I'm joking of course)

Haha crack up

slash not bumping lolz helpz the destroyed frame skippy.
(05-19-2011, 04:40 PM)Churvin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2011, 08:34 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha crack up

slash not bumping lolz helpz the destroyed frame skippy.

I loooove rugby man Big Grin you play the world cup at home this year so you can't lose Wink
A few years ago many people still had single core cpus and Dolphin was in a real bottleneck. Even a few thousand revisions ago, Dolphin was very unstable when dual core was enabled. Back then there was a real use for frameskipping and some gain in performance since only a single core had to deal with most calculations.

I don't think many people use it now but it's still a nice feature.

BTW: There's always some form of frameskipping in Dolphin. For example, I always use vsync in SMBWii because it shows all the rendered frames synced to the frequency of my monitor. This way I have very smooth movements (like in a real Wii), but in a slow machine this can also slow down the game.

(05-20-2011, 04:50 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]A few years ago many people still had single core cpus and Dolphin was in a real bottleneck. Even a few thousand revisions ago, Dolphin was very unstable when dual core was enabled. Back then there was a real use for frameskipping and some gain in performance since only a single core had to deal with most calculations.

I don't think many people use it now but it's still a nice feature.

BTW: There's always some form of frameskipping in Dolphin. For example, I always use vsync in SMBWii because it shows all the rendered frames synced to the frequency of my monitor. This way I have very smooth movements (like in a real Wii), but in a slow machine this can also slow down the game.

yeah I agree I used to say frame skip was a big shit but I've just started a big experiment Big Grin I will communicate results as they will be known... Big Grin
there was a miracel...
i only got 20fps from 30fps but 100% speed...
and the game runned smooth like 30fps...
i restartet dolphin and the game lagged!
i restartet dolphin lagged
i restartet dolphin and it played smooth...

i switched rev lag
i switched rev smooth

who knows... what that is...
some funny option but not frameskipping
Pages: 1 2 3