Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need Helpful Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

silverkid12

Can someone plz give me some tips on how to not get the game to lag? all of the game seem to run really fast at the beginning, then they lag for a few minutes, then it goes normal, then it speeds up, lags, normal, lags, and stays lagging. It's so annoying! >Sad
(04-27-2011, 07:19 AM)silverkid12 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone plz give me some tips on how to not get the game to lag? all of the game seem to run really fast at the beginning, then they lag for a few minutes, then it goes normal, then it speeds up, lags, normal, lags, and stays lagging. It's so annoying! >Sad
How fast is your HDD? How much ram do you have? Whats your Graphics settings. Number 1 cause i've noticed for that suttering is the texture setting.
I can't imagine how a person can join a forum, ask a random question and not provide any information at all and expect someone to post "helpful advice".
Quote:I can't imagine how a person can join a forum, ask a random question and not provide any information at all and expect someone to post "helpful advice".

+1

silverkid12

(04-27-2011, 07:24 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine how a person can join a forum, ask a random question and not provide any information at all and expect someone to post "helpful advice".

You're right. i'm sorry. well, here's the info now.

CPU: Intel Pentium T4200 Dual Core 1.995 GHz
GPU: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
RAM: 4.096 GB DDR2 400 MHz
idk about my HDD...
Edit: wait! i almost forgot my OS! its Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
You may be able to play a few games, but that PC is the reason for your "in-game lag". You'll need a new PC to play games well. If you want to try it anyway, look at the attachment in the last post and do with it suggests. --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...820&page=2
hmmm that CPU is slow for Dolphin. Also is the GFX card. When you say they run fast in the beginning, you're not talking about the menus and intros, are you?

silverkid12

Um...not to be annoying or anything, but i'm OCD... do you mean "do what it suggests"? I'm sorry, i just can't stand grammatical errors... (*_ _)
(04-27-2011, 07:52 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm that CPU is slow for Dolphin. Also is the GFX card. When you say they run fast in the beginning, you're not talking about the menus and intros, are you?

No, i mean when Dolphin first starts up and finishes loading the game, it starts out really fast. then lags, then stops lagging, etc.
There isnt a single component of your PC thats up to the job to handle it. You should Overclock your CPU and replace your GPU.

Also if you're at 1.9ghz overclocked you're fucked. Simply put. Check out my video post in the arc thread. I think thats the best you can look forward to. Maybe even thats wishful thinking.