Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker - Extreme freeze-ups during cutscenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Experiencing extreme freeze-ups during cinematics. Sometimes it just crashes completely as well.

Most notable parts is obviously the telescope part, but also the scene where the huge bird is carrying Tetra (the pirate). Even at the menu, if you let the camera slide around everywhere it eventually freezes up real hard.

This happens both while using OpenGL and Direct3D9, although OpenGL seems to be working more acceptable, it's still making every cutscene at least 20 times longer than it should be. The sound goes over and over like a broken record when it freezes, and eventually it goes out of sync from all the freezing.

I have tried to mess with most settings that I have seen in many threads here and in other places, but none of them seem to make a difference.

I have tried using rev 7436, rev 7483 and rev 4771.

I am currently trying out more rev versions, and if requested I will gladly publish all of my settings to you. What I'm hoping for is that someone has experienced this before.

My computer spec's - G73JW Notebook (i7)

Thank you in advance, I will try to be as helpful as I can with this matter. I really want to play Wind Waker again!
checked the settings on the wiki? installed VS2010 / DX etc?
I know I have VS2010 / DX because I use it every day for other purposes.

I have tried both the pre-configured settings for Wind Waker, the performance guide's basic settings, and taking extra notice of additional settings that need to be set to play Wind Waker.

I do however still get 3-5 second freeze-ups all the time. Never while I'm walking around (although I've only been on the first island so far), but in every single cinematic/cutscene I am experiencing this very serious issue.
I just reformatted my computer. Didn't help at all.
Ergh, gotta love it when you're in the wrong place for the wrong error.

It looks like I'm having some sort of firmware bug on my G73JW. I thought I had updated it but apparently my method was not the right one to thoroughly update it (at least that's what I'm hoping, I'm at work now).

I will report when I come home whether it was on my end or not.
Yup, my computer was at fault and nothing else.

For anyone else who stumbles upon this, its your Momentus XT harddrive (if you have one). Replace it or update the firmware with the help of google.