Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic 4 keyboard issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rainalkar

Hello, I need your help. I am trying to play Sonic 4 with keyboard only, but can't get the game to recognize the keys. When the game starts, it asks press 2 to start. Number 2 is the only key actually working, but it only brings me to some Wii menu. I would appreciate if you could tell me what do I need to input in GCPad, Wiimote, or in any other place, so that I can get this to work. Some while ago I tried Donkey Kong Country Returns, and I recall I had the same issue, but gave it up then. Thank you in advance. Dolphin version is the latest downloadable.
If the game says "Press the 2 button" it obviously doesn't mean you need to press the 2 button in your keyboard (unless you set the Wii's 2 button to the 2 in your keyboard). It's emulated.

Go to Wiimote, set Input Source to Emulated Wiimote. Press Configure, set any buttons you want for the D-Pad, the 1 button and the 2 button. Also, tick "Sideways Wiimote".

Go to the game. If, say, you set the 2 button to Enter, and the game asks you to press the 2 button, then press enter.

Rainalkar

Godsend. Thank you very much