Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Decent DVD-ROM for ripping GC games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HartleySan

Hey all. This is my first post, so please be kind to me.

Anyway, I'm simply looking to purchase a decent DVD-ROM/Blu-ray player that can rip GC mini discs.

Do any of you have any recommendations? Thank you.
_The following DVD Drives are not supported to dump Wii or Gamecube Games:
SONY DVD RW DW-G120A, NEC/SONY Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A, Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A,TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D163B, TSSTcorpDVD-ROM SH-D163BSB00, TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162L, TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653B FS01,TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C, OFOD SHMBO5U381, Pioneer dvd-rw DR-TD08HB, ATAPI DVD A DH16AASH SA15,ATAPI DVD A DH20A65 7P56, ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 95P9, LG HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10, TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q,HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N, TSSTcorpCDRWDVD TS-H493BD200, HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LP20.

_Known DVD Drives that are supported:
LG 8161B, LG 8162B, LG 8163B, LG 8164B, LG GH20NS15, Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203A, HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B.

Edit :
http://www.amazon.com/LG-GDR-8164B-DVD-R...B000EUJPV6

HartleySan

All right. Thank you very much. Very useful information. I will look into it and report back.

I don't suppose there are any known BR drives that work, are there?

Also, how do you go about testing whether a drive works or not? Do you just pop a disc in and see what happens?

King Oomie

(04-23-2011, 04:16 PM)HartleySan Wrote: [ -> ]All right. Thank you very much. Very useful information. I will look into it and report back.

Also, how do you go about testing whether a drive works or not? Do you just pop a disc in and see what happens?

Looks like the supported drives listed are old and no longer carried by Newegg. Anyone know of a USB DVD drive that works?

HartleySan

That's exactly what I was thinking. I looked at the list, and everything is discontinued. Would be nice to have a separate list. It would help if the main site actually had a page for this information, which was always as up to date as possible.
(04-23-2011, 04:16 PM)HartleySan Wrote: [ -> ]All right. Thank you very much. Very useful information. I will look into it and report back.

If you want BR and be able to rip wii/GC games then you will need 2 drives.