Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can i make isos with original disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

-TuA-

Hi,

I have a question.. Can I make an iso with my original gamecube disks, so that i can play the iso on dolphin..?

Thanks for all help.
I'm not the expert in this but i think you would either have to have a softmoded wii or one of a very select number of dvd drives. i think they're a sticky on here about this at the top
Here the sticky if you don't have a wii

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2900

-TuA-

how i become the datas form the gamecube disk on my pc? Someone has an instruction for this.`?
Here's a guide I found using the almighty Google, I don't know if it's possible for you (since you're required to have the game Phantasy Star Online Episode I and several other things, but anyway:

"Things Needed

1x Gamecube
1x PSO Game Disk V1
1x Gamecube Broadband Adapter Connected To PC
PSO LOAD V2a
Gamecube ISO Ripping Server

The Guide

PSO SETUP

Step1:
Boot Your PSO Game On Your Gamecube

Step 2:
Setup Network Profile In The Game Manually.

At the main menu of Phantasy Star Online choose 'Options'
Choose 'Network Option'
Choose 'Provider Option'
Edit the network information settings and under Ethernet settings choose 'Manually set an IP address'
Set your Game Cube's IP address to '192.168.0.32'
Set the subnet mask to '255.255.255.0'
Set the router/gateway to '192.168.0.100'
Set the primary DNS server to '192.168.0.100'
Secondary DNS can be left blank.
Save this information and go back to the main menu.

Configure TCP/IP On Your PC

Access the TCPI/IP properties for the network card on your PC

Set your Networks Card IP address to '192.168.0.100'
Set the subnet mask to '255.255.255.0'

No default gateway Is Needed

Now Start the PSO LOAD utility on the PC side with the following DOS prompt command: "psoload -s".

This will let PSO connect to your PC by making it a sort of GameServer.

IT should now say Waiting On Connection

Step 3: Next, create a character. When prompted for your hunter's license, enter anything you wish.

Step 4: Start an online game using the character profile you chose. It will then try to connect to your PC. If successful, your PC will display the messages "Saving user info on memory card..." and "Done..."

ISO RIPPING

Step1: Boot Your PSO Game On Your Gamecube

Step 2: Start The Gamecube ISO Ripping Server On Your PC, Select Your Name Of The Game Your Saving And Were You Want To Save It.

It Will Then Say Its Waiting For A Connection....

Step 3: Start a new Game in Online Mode. It Should now connect to Our PC Server. When it does, a red screen will appear on the Gamecube and you will be prompted to insert a GameCube Game you want to rip within 10 seconds. Do this quickly your PC will start downloading the image from the disc."
a pso, the game that i loved for 2 reasons
the exploit, and the game itself

anyway, you indeed need either of the following

A) a GC with a broadband adaptor , a router & PSO
B) a softmodded wii. this is your best guess imo (then just use any dumping homebrew to dump it to SD or usb)
C) one of the DVD drives listed on http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2900