Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Going online with Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
has this been integrated into Dolphin? Is it possible to play games online using Dolphin?
There is a Netplay feature of the emulator, which allows players to play multiplayer Gamecube and Wii games online with friends, as long as the game doesn't require a WiiMote.
(04-18-2011, 09:39 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]There is a Netplay feature of the emulator, which allows players to play multiplayer Gamecube and Wii games online with friends, as long as the game doesn't require a WiiMote.

so you're saying I CAN play online but I CAN'T use my wiimote? =(

So would I use the gamecube controller emulation or the emulated wiimote? Just can't use the "real wiimote" option?
Yes exactly, I see no problem with that really.
I always use a game pad anyway.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the Wiimote problem have been fixed in later revisions, so sorry if I was wrong..
I try and it just keeps saying "failed to connect" lol

is it like not one server? Do i need to already know people to play online with them?
(04-18-2011, 09:45 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Yes exactly, I see no problem with that really.
I always use a game pad anyway.

yea it's not that big of a problem

I was thinking like Monster hunter tri would work fine

I just wanna figure out how to play with others ya kno
To start the Netplay mode, you use the "tools" to select "start netplay" or alternatively in English under "Tools" menu item "Start Netplay".

Host:
1. Nick Name: here you can enter any name you (preferably your Hint )
2. Port: here you select the TCP / IP port, the Dolphin sends / receives. (Must be enabled in the router)
3. Game: here you choose which game you want to gamble.
4. Host: start the Net-play hosting.

Connect:
2. Address: the IP address of the host server (mind you, the public)
3. Port: here you select the TCP / IP port, the Dolphin sends / receives. (Must be enabled in the router)
4. Connect: Connects to the specified server.

Chat:
1. Start: there is not much to say, the pressure to start the game.

What should be considered:

Both players should be very careful first of the same version / Dolphin SVN use of, or it may cause side effects funny.
2nd The same applies for the type of game.
A third change of the Games without a full Re-Connect is currently not possible.
(04-18-2011, 09:53 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]To start the Netplay mode, you use the "tools" to select "start netplay" or alternatively in English under "Tools" menu item "Start Netplay".

Host:
2. Port: here you select the TCP / IP port, the Dolphin sends / receives. (Must be enabled in the router)
3. Game: here you choose which game you want to gamble.
4. Host: start the Net-play hosting.

Connect:
2. Address: the IP address of the host server (mind you, the public)
3. Port: here you select the TCP / IP port, the Dolphin sends / receives. (Must be enabled in the router)
4. Connect: Connects to the specified server.

Chat:
1. Start: there is not much to say, the pressure to start the game.

What should be considered:

Both players should be very careful first of the same version / Dolphin SVN use of, or it may cause side effects funny.
2nd The same applies for the type of game.
A third change of the Games without a full Re-Connect is currently not possible.

What do you mean "game I wanna gamble"? Does something happen? lol
Ha ha no only which game you want to play.
Nothing happens really.

Also you should not use the Dual core option, don't think it works very well with Netplay
(04-18-2011, 09:58 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha no only which game you want to play.
Nothing happens really.

Also you should not use the Dual core option, don't think it works very well with Netplay

I tried opening a port and what not to connect

when i connect, the address is "localhost" do i keep it like that?
No localhost is wrong, don't you have an IP address and a TCP / IP port you can use?
Pages: 1 2 3