Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: most stable Dolphin revision? and window instantly closing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that revisions after 7442, I notice errors time to time. is it just me?

Also time to time, when i try to open dolphin in windows 7 x64, it closes automatically.

like the program is still running, its in my task bar but the window instantly closes and wont open. I have to delete all the Dolphin files and extract a fresh batch
When I did my tests with the 2600K, I used the 7461 revision which gave me almost nil problems.
Anything from there and up might be good.

The most stable must be 2.0, but even I start to feel it's to old now with all the goodies that have been implemented since then.
(04-18-2011, 07:58 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]When I did my tests with the 2600K, I used the 7461 revision which gave me almost nil problems.

The most stable must be 2.0, but even I start to feel it's to old now with all the goodies that have been implemented since then.

Yea, I mean I'm still a noob with dolphin but i just notice i get more hiccups with versions above 7442
Revisions from one to another is a huge trial and error.

It's all about trying out as many as you can.
(04-18-2011, 08:39 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Revisions from one to another is a huge trial and error.

I always use to think revisions were the same as the old one but just improved unless there were drastic changes.

man was I wrong when I learned coding >_<
(04-18-2011, 08:42 PM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2011, 08:39 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Revisions from one to another is a huge trial and error.

I always use to think revisions were the same as the old one but just improved unless there were drastic changes.

man was I wrong when I learned coding >_<

I think that's true though, maybe it's share luck that I manage to have as little problems as possible with Dolphin.
I rarely have any kind of problems, and if I do it's usually my own fault.
(04-18-2011, 07:58 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]When I did my tests with the 2600K, I used the 7461 revision which gave me almost nil problems.

yep too old but some games start'n'run more easily on 2.0 don't you notice it?
under "tools"

What is this "Load Wii system menu 65535" and then on the same line I got like a bunch of asian characters.

whats up with that?
(04-18-2011, 09:43 PM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]under "tools"

What is this "Load Wii system menu 65535" and then on the same line I got like a bunch of asian characters.

whats up with that?

It's a secret message from the developers written with asian letters and means "Thank you so much for using this awesome Emulator" Big Grin

(04-18-2011, 09:43 PM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]under "tools"

whats up with that?

Maybe that's some UTF-8 magic? There is supposed to be only one "random" character (if non-null) after that "random" number... And that only appears if you don't have the Wii System Menu installed. Tongue

Thanks for the reminder. I have commented on r7290 about this issue.