Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy Audio Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using Dolphin x64 SVN Revision 7168

Here are my full specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU K 875 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics card: 2x Radeon HD 6950 (crossfire)

HERE"S THE PROBLEM:

With HLE plugin on in SMG the sound works fine, but the music cuts off after a few minutes. With LLE plugin, the music is sluggish and is constantly dropping out. It's quite bad, it's not as steady as it should be.

Thoughts?
LLE isn't working with Super Mario Galaxy
(04-18-2011, 06:14 PM)Baltzatu Wrote: [ -> ]LLE isn't working with Super Mario Galaxy

Lol, it's working, but a little slow.

Also O.C. your CPU to 4.0GHZ or get a aftermarket cooler and get it to 5GHZ, then LLE should run full speed.
My bad Big Grin
So realistically SMG is unplayable.

With HLE there's no music (one of the best soundtracks), and with LLE it runs far too slow.

Sad
(04-18-2011, 06:20 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2011, 06:14 PM)Baltzatu Wrote: [ -> ]LLE isn't working with Super Mario Galaxy

Lol, it's working, but a little slow.

Also O.C. your CPU to 4.0GHZ or get a aftermarket cooler and get it to 5GHZ, then LLE should run full speed.
Would 4.0ghz enable me to fun SMG at full speed?

Yeah LLE is the only way, HLE is anything but dead now. Issues with HLE audio are far too difficult and even impossible to fix, that's what happens when accuracy is sacrificed for speed and HLE hacky bubbling mess. You can solve the problems you mentioned with LLE, with a fast overclocked system both the slowdowns and "dropouts" are fixed so these issues are not really issues at all. Hopefully LLE will eventually get a bit faster or modern hardware will compensate for the overhead, sadly it's going to take is a somewhat beefy system to properly emulate audio without the issues that HLE has.
As far as I know, HLE can be fixed but some of the developers do not wish to attempt it since using LLE does not impact performance all that much on decent rigs.
It might be able to be fixed but not without a lot of RE'ing and other work, just way too much work, difficult work. Developers have stated one or two issues with HLE are impossible to fix due to the nature of HLE technicalities. Why bother when LLE is essentially perfect except for it being a bit slower than HLE? At least it means stamping out those with crappy hardware if they want decent audio. Tongue
(04-19-2011, 06:27 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, HLE can be fixed but some of the developers do not wish to attempt it since using LLE does not impact performance all that much on decent rigs.

but it takes a sick overclock to run LLE at full speed even on i7 processors.
it will be years before it's generally recommendable for most users unless processors get a lot faster & cheaper or the plugin becomes more efficient
I agree, but nevertheless, work is being done on LLE only right now.
Pages: 1 2