Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSAA x4 works?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am using r6970 and noticed that SSAA x4 works. what's up with that?

Before
[Image: vzevsp.png]
After
[Image: zx63bq.png]
neobrains patch landed?
Not really. You need to have internal resolution > display resolution to notice that it doesn't work.
SSAA right now only increases the internal resolution, but the effective maximum resolution will still be the display res, which is why it fails...
The after image looks good and clean.

I was going to write that I usually don't see a difference with these kind of options, but this was way to obvious.
However I keep them off anyway.
I always use atleast 4x SSAA on every game, as it does really sharpen/improve almost every game. It's always worked just fine for me.
You just don't spot the difference between proper SSAA and our SSAA Tongue
(04-19-2011, 02:20 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]You just don't spot the difference between proper SSAA and our SSAA Tongue

That have to be it because in PC games like Crysis, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Fallout NV I don't see much of a difference with or without.

(04-19-2011, 02:20 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]You just don't spot the difference between proper SSAA and our SSAA Tongue

Hehe, who cares if it's "proper", it makes the games look much better. Wink
Try using fractional EFB scaling and 4xSSAA, it will hardly look any different....
(04-19-2011, 09:55 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Try using fractional EFB scaling and 4xSSAA, it will hardly look any different....

Well yea, fractional makes anything look like junk. That's why I always use 1x.

Pages: 1 2 3