Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Virtual Console Compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here goes discussion about bootable Virtual Console games. Here is the list:

Donkey Kong Country 3
Issues: Sound/Music are broken. Dolphin gives an error while saving in intro and crashes.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Issues: stuck in a message "You need Classic Controller to play" (I tried ticking "Classic Controller Connected". Didn't work either.)

F-Zero X
Issues: stuck in a message "You need Classic Controller to play". After turning emulated Classic Controller on the game doesn't even boot.

Super Mario World
You can save, the emulation can freeze for a few seconds before resuming And there is no sound at all

Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
this game crashes with a save file failure unless panic alerts are disabled. fps drops when the uncle is leaving the house and the text cannot be seen sometimes unless optimize quantinizers is disabled

Post about bootable games here!
F-Zero X
Issues: stuck in a message "You need Classic Controller to play". After turning emulated Classic Controller on the game doesn't even boot.
I've gotten a few NES games to boot with sound, but no picture. I've gotten a few SNES games (LTTP in particular) to boot and play perfectly with picture, but no sound except for the home menu. I've yet to get a N64 game to boot. I've got a couple of others that I need to try though. All in all, getting Virtual Console games to emulate shouldn't be too tricky at all, they seem to be doing well with the exception of the 64.
Super Mario World
You can save, the emulation can freeze for a few seconds before resuming And there is no sound at all

Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
this game crashes with a save file failure unless panic alerts are disabled. fps drops when the uncle is leaving the house and the text cannot be seen sometimes unless optimize quantinizers is disabled

Super Mario Bros. 3
you can boot it up but there is no sound and no graphics
Updated, except SMB3. Do you get at least ANY graphics or sounds?
nope it does not produce any graphics or sound what so ever. i've tried disabling optimize quantinizers, dual core , activating the zelda tp bloom hack ect... and nothing happens. it does still run as the wiimote connects and runs about 19fps but thats the only sign of any activity.
On my SMB3 pulled from the NAND, I had a save state on the world map, and there is indeed sound, but no graphics at all. For those not getting sound, remember that SMB3 has no sound on the title screen, so you'll have to mash plus a bit to get past that, which should land you on the world map. Can't see anything of course, and mine is still running at around 20 FPS (should be 60) so the sound is all stutter-tastic.

MarioMadness

I havnt Been able to even get any of theses to boot, i tried donkey kong country 3 no luck lol.
Title: Gunstar Heroes (Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive)

[Image: gunstar_01.jpg]

[Image: gunstar_02.jpg]
Title: Comix Zone (Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive)

[Image: comic_01.jpg]

[Image: comic_02.jpg]
Title: Alien Soldier (Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive)

[Image: alien_01.jpg]

[Image: alien_02.jpg]
Title: Streets of Rage 2 (Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive)

[Image: SoR2_01.jpg]

[Image: SoR2_02.jpg]
Title: Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Issues: [color=#FF0000]No Sound, Doesn't seem to save properly, Sometimes the FPS switches between 40 and 60 FPS[/color]

[Image: dkc_01.jpg]

[Image: dkc_02.jpg]
Title: Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Issues: [color=#FF0000]No Sound, Doesn't seem to save properly, Sometimes the FPS switches between 40 and 60 FPS[/color]

[Image: dkc2_01.jpg]

[Image: dkc2_02.jpg]
Title: Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
Issues: [color=#FF0000]Sound is broken - should be disabled, Doesn't seem to save properly, Sometimes the FPS switches between 40 and 60 FPS[/color]

[Image: dkc3_01.jpg]

[Image: dkc3_02.jpg]
Title: Harvest Moon (SNES)
Issues: [color=#FF0000]No Sound, Doesn't seems to save properly[/color]

[Image: hmoon_01.jpg]

[Image: hmoon_02.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3