Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run games on my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I was wondering if I could run games like SSBB because I have it on my Wii but I don't like the resolution it gives on my TV, and I have read that it is possible to play it in 1080p using Dolphin emulator.

Well, I don't know to much about computers, and this is the specifications of the PC I own:

ATI Radeon HD 4200
AMD Phenom™ ii X2 511 Processor, 3400Mhz, 2 Core(s)
Total physical memory: 4.75GB (I belive this is the RAM)
5GB DDR3 SDRAM

I bought it from Walmart.com and this is the product if you need more information:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-p6733w-b/15737681

Please tell me if I am able to run games, half run them, low run them, just run some of them, or something else.
Well I believe it won't be possible to run Wii games because I was playing Smash Bros. Melee and there were some graphics errors like the nose and mustache of Mario were transparent or something like that even though the game speed was good Undecided

Well thanks guys I hope someone with experience about this help me Big Grin

Damn, I thought my PC was a little decent for gaming haha. Thanks for the quick answer, just one more question. What could I do in Smash Bros. Melee so Mario's mustache or face is not transparent (kind of invisible as well of some parts of the stage) like this:

http://img4.imageshack.us/f/unledbx.png/
Buy a new video card then it will be fixed
(04-17-2011, 02:32 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a new video card then it will be fixed

But I downloaded another emulator and the graphics are good on it, but hte gameplay is kind of laggy, so I was thinking like if I move some graphics settings, then everything will look ok as in the other configured dolphin emulator I have (I can't compare the settings because they are different versions and the arragement of the buttons and stuff is different).

Thanks