Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some games won't increase resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dolphin r7428 has been working great for me so far. However, a couple of my Gamecube games (namely Pacman World 2 and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time) are stuck rendering in 480p. All of the other games I've tried render properly in 1080p, but no matter which settings I choose I'm stuck running those games in low resolution. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Neither game has anything listed in the compatibility wiki.
did you try changing the resolution on the Grpahics settings?

explain further. what settings etc
I'm using mostly default settings... EFB Scale is set to integral, Enable CPU Access and Emulate Format Changes are enabled, Copy to texture is enabled (I also tried copy to ram and copy disabled), accurate texture cache is disabled (also tried enabling it). I think the only setting I'm using that wasn't on by default is the widescreen hack for Gamecube games. Like I said, everything else I've tried runs at 1080p using the same settings.
(04-17-2011, 06:58 AM)qaopjlll Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using mostly default settings... EFB Scale is set to integral, Enable CPU Access and Emulate Format Changes are enabled, Copy to texture is enabled (I also tried copy to ram and copy disabled), accurate texture cache is disabled (also tried enabling it). I think the only setting I'm using that wasn't on by default is the widescreen hack for Gamecube games. Like I said, everything else I've tried runs at 1080p using the same settings.

They need real xfb to display the ingame videos, which produces a native res image, and it is the default setting. You can change it but no videos will display.
(04-17-2011, 07:38 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2011, 06:58 AM)qaopjlll Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using mostly default settings... EFB Scale is set to integral, Enable CPU Access and Emulate Format Changes are enabled, Copy to texture is enabled (I also tried copy to ram and copy disabled), accurate texture cache is disabled (also tried enabling it). I think the only setting I'm using that wasn't on by default is the widescreen hack for Gamecube games. Like I said, everything else I've tried runs at 1080p using the same settings.

They need real xfb to display the ingame videos, which produces a native res image, and it is the default setting. You can change it but no videos will display.
The "enable XFB" option (under graphics -> advanced)? That was disabled by default. I tried enabling it and setting it to "real", and then to "virtual", but in each case both games were still being rendered in their native resolutions.
Are you changing the general configuration? There is no way xfb is disabled by default for Prince of Persia (i made the default settings for the game and i know). Run the game and then open the graphic settings while running and change them.
(04-17-2011, 09:17 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Are you changing the general configuration? There is no way xfb is disabled by default for Prince of Persia (i made the default settings for the game and i know). Run the game and then open the graphic settings while running and change them.
OK, I didn't realize that it overrides the general default settings when you start the game. Unfortunately, I tried messing with the XFB settings after starting PoP and it's still rendering the game at its native resolution.

I took a couple of screenshots, the first is from Sands of Time and the second is from GC version of The Two Thrones. Actually the TT screenshot doesn't look quite right either, but it still looks like it's being rendered in a much higher resolution than SoT (the edges on the buildings aren't nearly as jaggy as in SoT).
http://i.imgur.com/lMAEj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ieCY0.jpg
Disable XFB if you want high res and if that fails set efb scale to 3x. You are doing something wrong, here it works fine. Do you run the emulator from a dvd or something by any chance?
(04-17-2011, 11:24 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Disable XFB if you want high res and if that fails set efb scale to 3x. You are doing something wrong, here it works fine. Do you run the emulator from a dvd or something by any chance?

OK, setting EFB scaling to 3x worked. Thanks a lot!