Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MacOS X version slower and more problematic then Windows 7 version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I installed Windows 7 beside MacOS X on my iMac (so I can have the best of both worlds!Smile) I noticed that the MacOS X version of Dolphin does not run as good as the Windows version.

First performance is higher on Windows. At least in very demanding games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 (but I get 60 frames in New Super Mario Bros Wii or Donkey Kong Country Returns with the MacOS X version).

Second the emulated Wiimote (mouse pointer) is working perfectly in the Windows version but I can not get it working in the MacOS X version (no matter what input type I'm using, exept keyboard). I tried everything but I can not use mouse for controlling the pointer...

I wonder if this has something to do that the Windows version is using DirectX and the MacOS X version OpenGL. Maybe OpenGL does not provide full power? And why does the emulated Wiimote not work with the mouse (I tried to delete all prefs several time but this is not the reason for that behavior)?
Yes, OS X Dolphin is slower and does not support a mouse cursor controlled IR pointer.
I hope that this will get better in future versions!