Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to shrink ISOs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can somebody tell me how to shrink the real size ISOs to smaller size and still be compatible with Dolphin? Is there a PC (or Mac) program that can do that?
Right click on the game in the emulators game list and select "compress iso".
OK - I found it. I didn't see it first as I did not set the paths to my ISOs directory but started the ISOs manually...
(04-16-2011, 03:39 AM)ClarkKent Wrote: [ -> ]OK - I found it. I didn't see it first as I did not set the paths to my ISOs directory but started the ISOs manually...

does compressing ISO's effect performance in games when played on dolphin using a 64 bit system? or does it just save space?
Shouldn't affect speed.
you will want to compress ALL iso's and then delete the originals ... and if you need the originals for whatever reason you can uncompress
(04-17-2011, 08:07 AM)WiiGamcubeequalsFun Wrote: [ -> ]you will want to compress ALL iso's and then delete the originals ... and if you need the originals for whatever reason you can uncompress

thats not a problem i just wanna know if it keeps performance the same

how much are ISO's compressed by dolphin? like whats the size diff from 4.7gb to what?
(04-17-2011, 08:36 AM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2011, 08:07 AM)WiiGamcubeequalsFun Wrote: [ -> ]you will want to compress ALL iso's and then delete the originals ... and if you need the originals for whatever reason you can uncompress

thats not a problem i just wanna know if it keeps performance the same

how much are ISO's compressed by dolphin? like whats the size diff from 4.7gb to what?

Depends on the game, there are some mini games and puzzle games that are tiny, while others don't compress much if at all. Try Wii Backup Manager to see the possible percentage of compression.
It's not really compressing is it? You're just removing all the "garbage" data so the file will be the game's real size.
(04-17-2011, 11:54 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really compressing is it? Your just removing all the "garbage" data so the file will be the game's real size.

If i remember correctly it does both for Wii games, while for the Gamecube games only compresses, since there is only empty space without garbage data. A developer will know better. But speed at least with my cpu is not affected at all in any game from the compression.
Pages: 1 2