Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pad input not working/Keeps stalling.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I've been trying to get Dolphin to work for a week now and still no dice.
All I'm wanting to run are the Metroid and Zelda games.

Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
RAM: 2 GB
System: 32 - Bit Vista
Graphics are from my RAM aperture.

Firstly;

I've followed a tutorial on how to do after I tried myself and I'm further back than I was when I was dickin around with it. Thus far Metroid Prime loads but freezes some and crashes as the main game tries to load past the initial menu.

Second;

I've got some bog standard Playstation imitation USB controller, I've tried inputting the controls so they map to where they're supposed to be, the buttons work, but when it comes to the 'C' stick and analog stick I get nothing, I move sticks or press on the 'D-pad' and no input goes through. The pad works fine as I use it a lot on the SNES and GB emulators for the other Metroid games. I've even tried my PS3 controller, the emulator recognises the difference and labels it properly but still nada.

I can't see what it is I'm not doing or what I need to download, I've gotten the most up to date DX, and even tried turning of Windows' 'Data Execution Prevention feature, but it won't let me.

Any help you guys could offer would be so much appreciated!

Thanks in advance - Fredules

- 'This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.' -
Which Dolphin version?..
It's 4771
Too old.
Download a recent version from the official website.
So I need 7459?
That'll work.
Sad
Ok, I removed the older version, and now Dolphin wont load, it says:

- Unable To Locate Component -
'This application has failed to start because VCOMP100.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.'

I'm so bloody lost.
my evil hand is going to react violently.....
(04-16-2011, 08:59 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]my evil hand is going to react violently.....

As is mine.
Thus far I've tried versions 7457, 7458, and 7459. Same error =/ Obviously it's on my end. But I don't know that it is.
Pages: 1 2