Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring Save From Dolphin to Wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to transfer a save from Dolphin emulator to my Wii?

I have tried to get the banner.bin and save.dat file and put it in a folder with the same naming convention as the save I made with SaveGame Manager GX but when I hit Install, it fails.

I have also tried the Export game save option and that made a data.bin file which I tried to go to the Wii's save manager or whatever it's called and tried to copy it but it said the file may not have been copied. Any idea on why this would happen and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.
I remember seeing this kind of issue before where the export function didn't work properly.
While the import function kinda works, I myself haven't got the export function to work at all between Dolphin and my Wii.

What I did instead was to download save games for my games from WiiSave.com, although they're mostly completed 99% of the cases.
Anyway if I recall correctly I think it says something about Experimental both import and export, so it's probably something that will work later on.
(04-15-2011, 03:07 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]I remember seeing this kind of issue before where the export function didn't work properly.
While the import function kinda works, I myself haven't got the export function to work at all between Dolphin and my Wii.

What I did instead was to download save games for my games from WiiSave.com, although they're mostly completed 99% of the cases.
Anyway if I recall correctly I think it says something about Experimental both import and export, so it's probably something that will work later on.

Thanks for the link, I already looked there and unfortunately as you said, they're all 99% complete which doesn't help for Madworld, haha.

Oh well, maybe I'll just get one of them and select the level I left off on. That should work. And yea, they do say experimental so I figured that might be the case but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Thanks Mr Belmont Wink Funny thing is, I actually just beat Castlevania LOS yesterday and then you responded, haha.