Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem and lag with Dolphin and Mario kart Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

El Paladin MalefiK

Hello, excuse my bad English, I'm French ^ ^
Here I come to your forum because I have a problem with Dolphin and Mario Kart Wii.
So I know major delays on Mario Kart Wii for example (I own games console, but so much nicer in HD).
So I tried different version of dolphin, whether old or new, but nothing fixes the problem.
I said before I had the same laptop with a Core i7 overclocked to 740QM Turbo 3.6 GHz (where everything revolved fluently except tp zelda hyrule in the plain), but that there is much less processor performance than the i7 2630QM.
I know to properly configure the emulator, no worries on that, I just do not find the explanation to the problem ^ ^

My configuration:

i7 2630 QM to 2.0 GHz (2.9 GHz Turbo)
Nvidia GeForce GTX overclocked 460M
8 GB RAM Kingston HyperX 1333 MHz.
Crucial SSD C300 128 GB + HDD Seagate Momentus 640 GB.

El Paladin MalefiK

nothing?
La version GC marche très bien Big Grin
GC version works fine Big Grin

El Paladin MalefiK

Et concernant la wii?
"Major delays"? I think you mean the "stuttering" that happens when starting races for the first (few) times, is that right?

AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong), it lags because many shaders are loaded/compiled/cached (especially with new opponents and NPCs that appear in the camera's view). That doesn't seem much like a fixable issue in Dolphin, if it's due to the way (how) DirectX works...
Either use OpenGL, or replay the same races several times if you want the stutters to be gone.

El Paladin MalefiK

(04-16-2011, 08:17 PM)Dimitri Wrote: [ -> ]"Major delays"? I think you mean the "stuttering" that happens when starting races for the first (few) times, is that right?

AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong), it lags because many shaders are loaded/compiled/cached (especially with new opponents and NPCs that appear in the camera's view). That doesn't seem much like a fixable issue in Dolphin, if it's due to the way (how) DirectX works...
Either use OpenGL, or replay the same races several times if you want the stutters to be gone.

Hello, no I am not talking about "lag" start racing. But a permanent slowdown (I'm limited to 30-35 fps in 1920 * 1080, by cons in 1600 * 900 it becomes playable at 50-60 fps). All my other games run perfectly fine in native resolution 1920 * 1080, but only mario kart wii problem. I also tried to Direct3D 11, the game worked once at 60 fps all the time, I wanted to play again then and there I have a black screen or missing elements in the game replaced by black.
With the same graphics card, and a less powerful processor (the i7 740 at 1.73 GHz QM, cons now i7 QM 2630 to 2.0 GHz), I could play without worries in 1920 * 1080 in this game So I really understand where the problem lies, especially as all settings are good ...
Go to power setting and set to HIGH PERFORMANCE, see if that works. Update to the latest graphics driver. If those didn't work, then your video can't produce good fps in 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Ok... this is going to sound really stupid.

But how exactly do I do the bootcamp thing? Do I have to install windows or anything? I have all the disks... and I even have a program on here called parallels, which has been on here since the last person who owned this thing. A while ago they told me I could have two operating systems on here if I wanted, but I don't know anything about that.
Google is your best friend Wink I don't have a mac so I can't tell u how. Google it

Oops, i meant to post that in the other thread i had started. Thanks anyways tuanming!