Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alternate Gamepad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EnErnesto

Hi,

since my wiimote broke last week and I wanted to play on my (6 hour) trainjourney yesterday
I figuered I could use a normal controller/remote/gamepad and play with the "emulated wiimote" thingy.
But, I don't know why, I can't get the gamepad to work properly. To be more precise:
I can't get the buttons that are supposed to be there for moving up/down/left/right to work.
I tried (nearly?) everything I could find in the wiimote option menu but I'm still here, unable to manage it.
Anyone got ideas for that? :S the alternative gamepad are two differents I tried.
One from a xbox I borrowed and a really cheap one (Thrustmaster) I still had around.

Hope somebody can help!
"To be more precise: I can't get the buttons that are supposed to be there for moving up/down/left/right to work."

How is it not working?..

EnErnesto

Well, every button reacts normally as far as I can tell, but the "arrow"-buttons just do not react at all. It's like they didn't exist.
The digital pad in a wiimote except for games that play sideways isn't used to move characters around, instead the analog joystick of the nunchuck is used. Enable the nunchuck in extensions and map the movement keys of the analog joystick to the ones of your gamepad.