Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Speed Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Grim_MeNaCe

Hi! I seem 2 have a problem with the dolphin emulator. Im usin r-7442 for mac and whenever I change the settings and stuff it doesnt seem 2 change the speed of the game. The speed is always stuck at the same rate. And no matter what I do it never makes a big diff. And the thing is before it use 2 work fine, the speed and everything would increase and stuff if i messed with the settings and games like wwe all stars would work good. But now it wont even go past like 60% in game when before it use 2 reach like 80%. Its makin me pissed, cause i keep messin with it and its not givin me any changes. I have bootcamp also on my mac and the same prob is happenin with my pc version of the emu. It use 2 run really fast but now no matter what I do 2 the settings are still slow which it never was before. Its confusin and pissin me off lol. Any help would be appreciated. thank you. =)

Oh and btw ive tried other revisions and still givin me the same thing. Ive never had this prob before and now all of sudden its all messed. I havent even updated anythin on my comp. :S

Example: I run wwe all stars and the starting is all fine its like runnin at 300% and everything and then when i get into the main menu it drops to like 90-100%. And no matter how much I change the settings it just sticks there. And then when the actual game starts its at like 30-50%. And its never done this before. Whenever i changed the settings and make things faster it would actually increase the speed in game to like atleast 70% and now no matter wat I do it just seems 2 still stay really slow.
Wow you now hold the Guinness World record for most profanity in one topic, congratulations!

Grim_MeNaCe

lol thanks, but I dont think washin my mouth out with soap is really goin 2 help my issue. If u have nothin positive 2 say that would help me then please dont reply. Cause I really dont need a lecture on the way I speak. U act as if uve never heard someone throw out an f bomb before lol. Unless ur 2 years old and still attendin elementary I really dont think I need 2 censor my words. Grow up man.
Look, I don't say I have all the answers to everything.
But please use refined language, it improves your chances in getting help.

All I could read from what you wrote was words like s*** and f***.

There is minors here that could be offended.

To answer your original questions, post your specs that's a good start so we can see if something is wrong.

Grim_MeNaCe

(04-12-2011, 05:38 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Look, I don't say I have all the answers to everything.
But please use refined language, it improves your chances in getting help.

All I could read from what you wrote was words like shit and fuck.

There is minors here that could be offended.

Ok no problem, I can respect that. Thats all you had to say to me instead of cracking a joke about it. But alright ill remember that for next time. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.62f6
Serial Number (system): WQ0341HAATM
Hardware UUID: D6AE0963-1487-5831-B37A-74F3847FF8AE
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Those are my specs. Thanks bro. Btw I edited my post and removed the swearin. Sorry if I came at u the wrong way I just got a little mad cause of ur response. But I know what ur sayin so im sorry about that.

Oh and i found out wat my graphics card is:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

I thought it was ati but i was wrong.
Hey no problem at all.

To tell you the truth I'm not so good at Macs and how they're running, I'll leave this to someone more suitable and experienced.
Your computer is pretty weak but you might be able to get Luigi's Mansion or NSMB to run at full speed.

Quote:lol thanks, but I dont think washin my mouth out with soup is really goin 2 help my issue.
Quote:washin my mouth out with soup
Quote:soup

Grim_MeNaCe

(04-12-2011, 06:17 PM)ChanDramRutnam Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer is pretty weak but you might be able to get Luigi's Mansion or NSMB to run at full speed.

Quote:lol thanks, but I dont think washin my mouth out with soup is really goin 2 help my issue.
Quote:washin my mouth out with soup
Quote:soup

Lol thx for the correction. Never realized I wrote soup lol. But hey atleast it would taste better then soap lol. But yea man, its wierd tho cause it was workin really well before and now all of a sudden its changed. I can actually get super smash bros brawl, tna impact, super mario galaxy and what not 2 work pretty good on my comp. And All stars was actually workin faster then normal speed at one point but now its totally changed. Dont know why.
What do you currnelty have your settings at?

What do you currnelty have your settings at?

i tagged the important part with bold text

(04-12-2011, 05:58 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Hey no problem at all.

To tell you the truth I'm not so good at Macs and how they're running, I'll leave this to someone more suitable and experienced.

Macs are running fine like every other maschine..
hardware is hardware...
bootcamp is bootcamp...

2.4GHZ are 2.4GHZ
if there is apple on the cover...
still 2.4GHZ but with 20% more battery lifetime, 100% higher bill and a dick like a chick

i have a notebook with nearly the same settings...
i3 with 2.53ghz
4gb ram
geforce 310m
but i paid 499€

i can run most of the games with 23-28fps (some with 100% and some with only 50%)
so dont expect with your old cpu more than a average 60% speed
the i3 is a little bit faster with the same clock (real speed per clock is better)

(04-12-2011, 04:57 PM)Grim_MeNaCe Wrote: [ -> ]Example: I run wwe all stars and the starting is all fine its like runnin at 300% and everything and then when i get into the main menu it drops to like 90-100%. And no matter how much I change the settings it just sticks there. And then when the actual game starts its at like 30-50%. And its never done this before. Whenever i changed the settings and make things faster it would actually increase the speed in game to like atleast 70% and now no matter wat I do it just seems 2 still stay really slow.

in the start there is nothing to emulate... some Nintendo logos...
in the menu there are some cut szenes... harder to emulate
in the game your core runs like
a chick without water

one hint... use 2 versions of dolphin...
the first the fastest YOU found
the second... the newest revision to see if it runs faster

sell your macbook
buy a small rig with a i7 ~ 700-800$ half the price of the macbook...
buy a iPad2 half the price of the macbook...

and play with 100% speed
everyone is happy Smile
and you still have the chicks dick

and jeah i hate apple...

the worth of the hardware
and the difference to the price
is beyond every logical mind
500-1000 bucks just for the logo... MAN

next time buy 2 notebooks...
and present one to your hopefully alive dad/mum/aunt/oncel/sister/doctor/english teacher
Pages: 1 2