Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Help with a suggestion...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fredi125

Hello all,

I don't know if some of you tried using the wiimote on their computer for other uses than playing dolphin, but using it trough glovepie is a pain in the ass, and the only software that seems to connect simply is on linux only.

As Dolphin handles wiimote detection pretty much perfectly, I was wondering if some devs could make a kind of output plugin that would either run from dolphin, or as an external file, that would transform each wiimote plugged in into a Joypad Device (eg. Wiimote1, Wiimote2, etc.) that would appear in the control panel/Joypads section as a valid device.
They could come with a few basic input mapping options, like wheel style or wiimote+nunchuk style.

I don't think this would be that hard to do, and I'm pretty sure it's a feature that would please thousands of players and give you some nice advertising.

I tried to make a wheel script for glovepie once, it worked perfectly with every driving game as I made the wiimote angle replace the joypad analog input. The thing is, this software is quite unstable, rarely and poorly updated, and for some reason it won't seem to work anymore, plus my wiimote keeps shutting down after a while, and I have to unpair / pair it again so it works.

Dolphin has never been a problem on that side, so i'd be more than pleased to see that nice feature coming from your team who is, by the way, already doing an awesome job.

This emulator is the greatest example of the power of open-source development that I've seen so far, keep up the good work guys!
make the pole multi choice please
(04-10-2011, 06:10 PM)fredi125 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I don't know if some of you tried using the wiimote on their computer for other uses than playing dolphin, but using it trough glovepie is a pain in the ass, and the only software that seems to connect simply is on linux only.

As Dolphin handles wiimote detection pretty much perfectly, I was wondering if some devs could make a kind of output plugin that would either run from dolphin, or as an external file, that would transform each wiimote plugged in into a Joypad Device (eg. Wiimote1, Wiimote2, etc.) that would appear in the control panel/Joypads section as a valid device.
They could come with a few basic input mapping options, like wheel style or wiimote+nunchuk style.

I don't think this would be that hard to do, and I'm pretty sure it's a feature that would please thousands of players and give you some nice advertising.

I tried to make a wheel script for glovepie once, it worked perfectly with every driving game as I made the wiimote angle replace the joypad analog input. The thing is, this software is quite unstable, rarely and poorly updated, and for some reason it won't seem to work anymore, plus my wiimote keeps shutting down after a while, and I have to unpair / pair it again so it works.

Dolphin has never been a problem on that side, so i'd be more than pleased to see that nice feature coming from your team who is, by the way, already doing an awesome job.

This emulator is the greatest example of the power of open-source development that I've seen so far, keep up the good work guys!

You can try this.

fredi125

I'm trying that tonight, thanks a lot!