Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin constantly stops off screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having this problem for a while now. Every 2-3 starts of the emulator, Dolphin starts up off screen. If I try to open it in the task bar it asks me if I want to keep dolphin portable and either option I choose ends up with a bunch of errors and my config gone.

I've been deleting dolphin.ini like this thread suggested for months now and it gets old having to re-set my settings every 2-3 opening of the emulator. What is causing this?
strange... which version did you use? did you try different ones?
(04-10-2011, 06:36 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]strange... which version did you use? did you try different ones?

I have had this problem pretty much for as long as i have used the program itself. It does not happen EVERYTIME, but there is a definite possibillity that it happens whenever you start the emulator after a crash, because i get crashes pretty often upon shutdown of the emulator, and each time i start the program again, it is minimized.

It doesn't not seem to be related to specific revisions.

BTW:

"You don't really need to delete Dolphin.ini, you can just change the lines

MainWindowPosX = -32000
MainWindowPosY = -32000

to

MainWindowPosX = 0
MainWindowPosY = 0

That should correct the bug and don't mess with your configurations"

Have anyone tried this and can confirm it works?
or you can press winkey + directional keys
I have gotten this before. Go to full screen (Without selecting anything) and let it crash.
Next time you launch it, it should be fixed.

Nevermind, it doesn't work. Noo!!!!
(04-10-2011, 06:36 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]strange... which version did you use? did you try different ones?

I'm using rev 7379 x64. This has been happening since at least r5100 or so. Before that, this never happened to me.
This has been a problem since R3000.